Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
x510 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Minnow

Default x510

anyone have any info on the lowrance x510c thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Keeper

I have one, what information were you looking to get?

It's a very nice color fishfinder. If you don't need the gps
there are some good deals out there for this model. I got
mine on the used market for $200. Good as new.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:56 PM
jim morrison

Talking x510c

i bought an x510c last august and mounted next to my 522 and love it. left it set at the factory settings except i use the blue back ground. great unit great price.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Minnow

thanx guys i did alot of research on it sounds good just wanted to see if any bad reports will be using it off of geneva and bula on lake erie
Old 01-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Wallhanger

I have a 520c and it keeps locking up and looses the bottom in deep water 50'+. Doesn't matter if I'm moving or sitting still. Worked great all summer, last trip it started acting up. I moved another unit(334c) to the 520's transducer and it worked fine. I down loaded the new software verson and did a reset. There are a lot of posts on WC about the 520c, keep searching, some 520's are having problems. WC is a storehouse of information, great place to learn. Good luck!
Old 02-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireboat View Post
I have a 520c and it keeps locking up and looses the bottom in deep water 50'+. Doesn't matter if I'm moving or sitting still. Worked great all summer, last trip it started acting up. I moved another unit(334c) to the 520's transducer and it worked fine. I down loaded the new software verson and did a reset. There are a lot of posts on WC about the 520c, keep searching, some 520's are having problems. WC is a storehouse of information, great place to learn. Good luck!

Me too! My 510c was junk! I tried several software updates and a transducer change out through Lowrances customer service. Never got a lasting fix.
There new graphs don`t work like their old ones do.

My 510 locked up in shallow water when pearch fishing shallow bays

I had a 1998 x75 that gave me 8 years of flawless operation, I foolishly upgraded to the x510c to find out many of Lowrance color models were ridden with bugs.

I`m happy now, I now have this; http://www.vexilar.com/pages/product...ts_lc-507.html

Better than any other graph I have used.

Last edited by whofan; 02-01-2009 at 04:39 AM.