Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 620FS Cup Delivery Delayed - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-28-2020, 01:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
No not at all. Dealers being stuck with boats customers ordered. A lot of folks lost their jobs and we have no idea when we will get back to “normal”. Surely isn’t going to be soon imo.
So if a dealer ordered 10 boats for customers and half cancel they will be sitting on those boats. Big ticket items aren’t moving much
Ah, I see. I was confused by your use of the word "lame." Sounded to me as if you thought somebody was doing something to make matters worse than they would otherwise be.

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Slot Fish

Hi anyone have a new date? My original was 3/25 and new date is 4/29. I hope all is well at the Ranger Plant. The website informs they are open but practicing distancing.
Old 04-06-2020, 05:42 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
Hi anyone have a new date? My original was 3/25 and new date is 4/29. I hope all is well at the Ranger Plant. The website informs they are open but practicing distancing.
Where on the website do you see that, gof? All I've seen is a notice that's been up for some weeks now that they've suspended plant tours.

I haven't heard anything more about my build, but I think my dealer (a NY Cabela's) is probably closed. Was thinking about trying to call Ranger directly tomorrow for an update. Have you done that, and if so do you have any advice on who to ask for?

I ordered about a month after you did, so based on what you just said I'm guessing my boat won't be ready any sooner than the end of May, and maybe later than that if delays are accumulating. As long as I get it at SOME point, I guess... :^\

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2020, 01:47 PM
Wallhanger

To any/all interested:

I just got off the phone with Ranger Boats. A very nice woman there patiently answered all of my questions, and here's what she told me:

- Ranger (so far) remains at full work force with no delays in their production.

- They did, however, shuffle the queue of boat orders a bit to accommodate dealers who have remained open versus those who have had to close, reasoning that it was best to prioritize making boats they could actually deliver over those that would have to sit around waiting for the dealers to reopen so they could be delivered then.

- I'm in NY and my order was indeed one of those so affected because my dealer (the Cheektowaga, NY Cabela's) has had to close.

- That 8-10 week process that we're all told about when we order a boat is NOT the same thing as actual build time. Apparently a large portion of that span is for PRE-production purposes, and once a boat is actually in production it only takes about 2 weeks to complete it. And it is mostly the production schedule that they have shuffled a bit.

- My boat, ordered on February 11th and originally to be completed by late April (I don't believe I was ever given an exact date), is now scheduled to go into production on April 24th and be completed by about May 8th. ...Unless they're finally hit hard by the COVID-19 crisis there in AR, of course. (All the guys at Cabela's had told me a couple of weeks ago was that my new completion date was May 8th, with no explanation whatsoever of the cause of the delay, so I assumed it was due to things happening at Ranger. Not so!)

- There may be further delay even if not in Ranger's production, though. Once a boat has been made it goes out when a shipment heading where it's going can be arranged, and that doesn't always happen immediately even in good times. Now with what's going on across the country it's reasonable to assume that delivery times may be unpredictably delayed. And of course there's still that matter of whether my dealer has reopened and is thus ready to take delivery, too.

That's what I know. Sounds a lot better than I feared given the heretofore unexplained delay and the things I was reading here at WC!

Stay safe and well, everyone!

Gerry
Old 04-08-2020, 08:05 AM
Slot Fish

Gerry, do you know who you talked with at Ranger? I called yesterday and today and was transferred to a Mary Sanders who so far has not returned my call. Interesting feedback you got from Ranger. I will need to follow up with my dealer.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Gerry, do you know who you talked with at Ranger? I called yesterday and today and was transferred to a Mary Sanders who so far has not returned my call. Interesting feedback you got from Ranger. I will need to follow up with my dealer.

Thanks for the info.
Yup, that's who I talked with. I would bet they're getting a LOT of calls from people such as ourselves, so maybe I was lucky to get through so easily.

Good luck!

Gerry
Old 04-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Slot Fish

Talked with my dealer today. They are open and the only reason he passed on to me was that a lot of dealers are canceling their orders for show room floor boats and thus Ranger might be changing build plans.

It make no sense to me that my original date was about a month before yours as I ordered mine about a month before yours but my new date is now two weeks later than yours.

I tried Ranger today again without luck.
Old 04-08-2020, 08:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Talked with my dealer today. They are open and the only reason he passed on to me was that a lot of dealers are canceling their orders for show room floor boats and thus Ranger might be changing build plans.

It make no sense to me that my original date was about a month before yours as I ordered mine about a month before yours but my new date is now two weeks later than yours.

I tried Ranger today again without luck.
I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised if the person we're talking to tells us that delays are the fault of someone else. Who knows where the truth lies?

There's been some misunderstanding with respect to our completion dates, gof. I never said anything to suggest my date is now two weeks earlier than yours. The last thing you said about your completion date was that it's been pushed back to April 29th, and as I mentioned, the latest word I've gotten on my completion date is that it's been pushed back to May 8th - so mine is still 9 days after yours.

Gerry
Old 04-09-2020, 07:58 AM
Slot Fish

Sorry I screwed up the dates. What I wanted to say was that while my boat moves out about 5 weeks, yours only about two weeks.

I was able to get through to Mary today. Yes a very nice lady and if all customer support persons were like her, that would be great.

She mentioned that boat molds for 620 needed to be pulled for work, which is what my dealer mentioned that he thought could be the problem when my boat date was originally pushed out two weeks versus the current 5 weeks. My start date is April 14th.

As I use HB electronics ordered the boat without any electronics and will install myself. Provided we have a fishing season in MN, I'll be working some nights trying to get the boat ready.

We will have to compare notes when our boats come.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:22 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised if the person we're talking to tells us that delays are the fault of someone else. Who knows where the truth lies?

There's been some misunderstanding with respect to our completion dates, gof. I never said anything to suggest my date is now two weeks earlier than yours. The last thing you said about your completion date was that it's been pushed back to April 29th, and as I mentioned, the latest word I've gotten on my completion date is that it's been pushed back to May 8th - so mine is still 9 days after yours.

Gerry
You may want to check on your date. I called Ranger today to confirm that mine started on 4/14 and was informed the start date slipped again and is now targeted to start tomorrow 4/24. I was informed Ranger is now on a reduced work schedule.