Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tonneau Cover - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Keeper

5 different trucks for me so far and everyone one of them have had an Access cover on them. Easy to install and work great!
Gen-1 HDS 7
LSS-2
Minnkota PD V2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Charter Member

I have a 2018 GMC and finally the tailgate locks when you lock the door. My dealer recommended the Rev Rolling Hard top cover, you cannot cut it open like most tonneau covers, not that I've ever had that happen, it is quite secure and easy to deal with. I definitely like it. Obviously make them for Ford, here is a video of one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BsOINT4RXY
Old 03-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Wallhanger

I bought a roll up tonneau cover about 6 years ago off ebay. It was $160 and works great. It has been on 2 or 3 different trucks. It is starting to get worn now and I will replace it this year. The back section locks down so you need the tailgate open to pull the cover up. Obviously if someone wanted to get in they could cut the tarp. But unless you are going to spend around 1000 on a back flip sectional folding hard tonneau, the soft ones are nice. The new one's on ebay are around $160-$170 shipped and they have the bars built into the tarp and they roll right up with it so it is less of a pita when you roll them up. On mine, you take the bars out as you go but I put them in the tarp and roll them as I go so they aren't sitting in the garage or in the bed of my truck.
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Wallhanger

Backflips are nice in several ways. But they are also easy to open without opening the tailgate, so if anyone wants in they will get it done quickly. A coat hanger in between the tailgate and cover and you can pull the cable that releases it.

I had them on last two trucks, but this time I went with Fords version of a Truxedo (I think) and I am not disappointed yet. I saved around $800-900, and this doesn't leak nearly as much as a Backflip does after it's a few years old. The biggest thing for me was when I bought this truck I was going through a lot of shoulder issues, backflips can be heavy and it was hard for me to flip it all the way up. Rolling up the tonneau is much easier. Buying the Ford version gave me 3 year warranty on it.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl View Post
Backflips are nice in several ways. But they are also easy to open without opening the tailgate, so if anyone wants in they will get it done quickly. A coat hanger in between the tailgate and cover and you can pull the cable that releases it.

I had them on last two trucks, but this time I went with Fords version of a Truxedo (I think) and I am not disappointed yet. I saved around $800-900, and this doesn't leak nearly as much as a Backflip does after it's a few years old. The biggest thing for me was when I bought this truck I was going through a lot of shoulder issues, backflips can be heavy and it was hard for me to flip it all the way up. Rolling up the tonneau is much easier. Buying the Ford version gave me 3 year warranty on it.
I can't prove it, but I believe that the BakFlips I had on 2 different trucks both absorbed water in the coring between the layers. As time went on, they became heavier and harder to flip the sections over. 1 telltale sign was that when they were folded up, water always started to run out of them.

Of course, these were on trucks that spent 100% of their lives outside.

HRG
Old 03-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwl View Post

Shhhhh, most thieves don't know that. I generally don't store anything of significant value in mine anyway. I keep my Yeti back there but I have a locking cable on it. The other stuff is kind of random like spare life jackets, an emergency umbrella, a few bags of fertilizer or lime that I haven't had a chance to put down yet, and stuff like that. I rarely have anything of value back there. It definitely keeps our luggage protected and dry on trips. My truck also lives in the garage when not in use, so I have not had any moisture issues at all.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Wallhanger

ARE LSX ultra on my '17 Chevy. Everything stays dry and out of sight, works with electric locks/key fob. LED lights work great. I've not removed it (dealer installed), no plans to either as I have plenty of trailers for larger items.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:20 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye1 View Post
I have the Access Lorado. Well built and latches on both sides.
I have one on my 2015 Tundra, which is way nicer than Bobby's old Tundra, by the way. I had the dealer install it when I bought the truck new, mostly because I am incompetent with things like that.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Spanish View Post
I have one on my 2015 Tundra, which is way nicer than Bobby's old Tundra, by the way. I had the dealer install it when I bought the truck new, mostly because I am incompetent with things like that.
I didn't think Cheese Heads were allowed to purchase Tundra's...... Well there goes that . . . next they will be rooting for the VikQueens come September.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 03-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I didn't think Cheese Heads were allowed to purchase Tundra's...... Well there goes that . . . next they will be rooting for the VikQueens come September.
One of the guys in our warehouse is a fan, but he lived in MN for a while. I'm not sure if it's any better, but I couldn't care less about football at all. I do appreciate all those that stay on the couch on Sun during the season, so I can fish in peace.