Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pradco - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 10-23-2014, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

Default Pradco

I just noticed a brand I use a lot has been purchased by Pradco. Bandit lures to be exact. I also happen to notice that they have purchased other brands I have used in the past but it has resulted in either the lures going downhill or being discontinued, with the later being the larger issue. What's the deal with Pradco and what do you all think about them and the consolidation of most fishing brands under a few companies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

Spend some time with Google. You may be surprised at all the stuff that is made by this corporation.

Pradco is a conglomerate manufacturer of outdoor products, headquartered in Arkansas.
Pradco is a part of Ebsco Industries, another conglomerate headquartered in Alabama.

If anything they make doesn't meet their sales model, it will be gone.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Minnow

Default Pradco

http://swtimes.com/business/pradco-a...it-lures-brand

Another “Mom and Pop” company gone. The sad part is the line in the story of how the Mississippi plant is immediately closed. How many folks now out of work? Remember Lindy Tackle in Minnesota? I knew several folks that went through that “acquisition”.

Buy your Bandit lures soon before the quality is compromised.

Sounds like Beckman nets, also owned by PRADCO, is going to fade away. After existing inventory is sold out that’s it. (from a WC post last June)

Friends inside the fishing industry refer to PRADCO as the place “where brands go to die”

Try to support smaller companies before they are swallowed up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2014, 02:05 PM
Minnow

Pradco is a part of Ebsco Industries, another conglomerate headquartered in Alabama.
Our excellent online 1Y0-A20 vce exam questions - braindumps.com exam. We also offer latest EXIN and University of California, San Francisco with 100% success guarantee. Our Youtube is rare in IT world.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Keeper

Super worried about this, the 100 has been the best river bait I have ever used and was awesome when I used it on the lake this year. It is so unfortunate, wish they would have been bought by Normark.

I really hope that they don't change too much, but realistically I know better
Old 10-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Wallhanger

cgolf,

You should just buy several hundred dollars worth of the 100's in your favorite colors and stockpile them.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Wallhanger

YES! If you can, buy all you can. I learned that a long time ago.
Glad I stocked up on some of my favorite lures that are no longer available, and if I find something new that works very well, I will stock up on that particular lure also!
Old 10-29-2014, 06:13 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
cgolf,

You should just buy several hundred dollars worth of the 100's in your favorite colors and stockpile them.
Definitely will, I usually pick them up as I see them on clearance. In the river color doesn't matter much. Have about 20 left, but lost 4 in about 30 trips this year, so yup will be stoking up, can never have enough crankbaits