Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Is a Cardiac Catheterization painful - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-19-2020, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

I watched a youtube of it this am. I'm really hoping for the wrist.

Thanks for the responses...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2020, 08:30 AM
Wallhanger

You can count on going home with an improved blood supply to all parts of your body.

Enjoy.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:45 AM
Slot Fish

Default sound advice

I would ask the Dr.
Old 10-19-2020, 09:07 AM
Wallhanger

worst part thinking about it, and having to lay completely still for 4 hours afterwords
Old 10-19-2020, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

Oh my gosh I can't sit still for 10 seconds!!!!

I am going to reach out to them later today for some answers to my questions. Sounds like there is some "discomfort" at times. But no real "pain" to speak of.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:54 AM
Wallhanger

My last catheterization was done through my wrist. A dressing was used that was pressurised and every fifteen minutes they reduced the pressure until the wound was sealed. I believe a friend who had the procedure done through his groin a couple months ago said they used the same type on him. I would think one would still have to lie still for some time.
Old 10-19-2020, 11:01 AM
Wallhanger

It incidental compared to the improvement in your life that you can look forward to.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:27 PM
holliswusamember

I can't say for that procedure, but a friend told me that his Cardiologist wants him to do a test, as a follow up to getting a new aortic valve 2 years ago. He wasn't the Dr that did the operation,.hasn't seen him since but wants him to have a cardio CAT scan with contrast. The price? over 57,000.

But if he goes to the facility that Blue Cross wants him to go to, his part will only be 500. Some of these costs are incredible esp if you don't have insurance.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Wallhanger

Had 2 caths four days apart. each time though the groin. The most pain was looking at the clear bandage with the hair stuck in it. They didnt quite get all the area as the first was a rush job. I was having a heart attack and was telling them to get in there before I died. When they said I had to go back in I asked the nurse to bandage up my IV sites and give me a razor. Wife thought I was crazy shaved all my chest after have the the electrode probes put on and taken off. They used a type of plug that dissolved over time no need to put the weight on it.

Ended up getting 2 stents the first time in and one more second time. First time they sucked out a big clot before the stent.

it will be 6 years in march since.

I had been out ice fishing and wasn't feeling well so went home early.

Will forever be known as the Ice Fishing Guy to the cardiologist. He gets to call me whatever definitely saved my life that day.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Having one done in a couple weeks and I’m wonder if there’s much pain (I hear it’s going in my right front thigh area)
For me there was nothing to it, I had AFib abalation in two chambers back in 2010. They went in through my groin. That was before the abomination called Obamacare so insurance had me stay overnight and then I went home the next day and mowed lawn.