Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Best Riding Walleye Boat in Rough Water - Page 15 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Wallhanger

Great post larrym!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Slot Fish

This thread is about the best riding walleye boat in rough water. Lets keep it that way. We could bash any boat brand out there.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by double o View Post
This thread is about the best riding walleye boat in rough water. Lets keep it that way.
Thank you!!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Keeper

Default Not bashing, just the truth

Ranger is one of the worst hulls when it comes to staying dry, man!!! all the waves I took over the front, why would you even consider it? although the ride is good,
Can't say much for skeeter,
Triton by far the smoothest ride in the industry, but wet,
Lund GL, overall takes the top price in ride, comfort, safety, dryness, and overall performance!!!

YIPPEE LUND GL!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Tracker still sells a lot of boats because you dont need to spend 60K to float a river,duck hunt or fish a farm pond or small lake and they work just fine for that.

As far as a walleye boat that handles rough water, they dont make one. Well not if you consider a walleye boat under 21 foot.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE
As far as a walleye boat that handles rough water, they dont make one. Well not if you consider a walleye boat under 21 foot.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone defined "rough water"? Is 2-3 footers rough or is that 5-6 footers? All boats will get wet running at an angle in wind blown waves if
they are big enough.
And is that trolling or running?
Not many are running very fast in 5-6 footers.
Even if the boat could handle it most people can't.
And how many have actually fished in 5-6 foots waves in a walleye boat?
How many have taken a wave over the bow? I have, but that's why I have
a bow cover.
I have had people get sick in waves less than that.
Just wondering.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Minnow

Default big chop

In the dakotas in the tourneys I've fished when the waves get big the only guys I see blowing by all of us are the guys with the big Yarcrafts. Looks like they can take the big waves better and the things just plain fly as far as mph go.
The old tundras had a heck of a ride in big stuff and the new nitro looks like a darn good boat, its just to bad bps is behind the thing as far as warranty goes.
Love the fit and finish of a ranger , just not the price.
But if I wanted to go nuts on 4+ footers it would be with a big Yarcraft with bubbles "not a windshield".
This coming from a skeeter guy "Skeeter I feel is about the best bang for your buck out there".
Would love to take the big nitro out some day thou!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Wallhanger

How many of these $25,000-$95000 boats have a Bow Flare that will actually deflect water? I know on the Bass Boat side Bass Cat has that deep flare, Grady Whites of course do, I think Rangers 600 Series has that flare, thats why I cant believe someone posted their getting wet in a big 600??? Maybe folks dont know the correct way to keep the bow up and go across the waves so the Spray is deflected? I think in the next 2 years YOU GUYS being Walleye boat consumers will have some awesome brands to pic from, doesnt matter if its a Game Changer like the New 2015 Yar Crafts or the 2015 Ranger, I think with Warrior and Yar Craft being out there, boats that are mass produced like Skeeters, Rangers and Tritons may see some of these benefits, until recently Ranger has had the Big Boat Glass boats locked up, some would have a Champ or a Triton, maybe a Skeeter, but Ranger has ruled...with the Pierce family in MtHome, and the Andersen family in Minnesota I feel the Best Riding Wallleye boat will also have the Best Warranty that "May" transfer for the Life of the Boat, not the Life of the First purchaser, if you think about it that Warranty makes more sense for YOU...Get your wallets fattened up, make sure Evinrude, Yamaha and Mercury make their 2015s Ultra fast and Light so your ready....I know this will go over some heads, other folks will be Smiling and getting their Savings accounts ready......good Luck boys.....
Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
How many of these $25,000-$95000 boats have a Bow Flare that will actually deflect water? I know on the Bass Boat side Bass Cat has that deep flare, Grady Whites of course do, I think Rangers 600 Series has that flare, thats why I cant believe someone posted their getting wet in a big 600??? Maybe folks dont know the correct way to keep the bow up and go across the waves so the Spray is deflected? I think in the next 2 years YOU GUYS being Walleye boat consumers will have some awesome brands to pic from, doesnt matter if its a Game Changer like the New 2015 Yar Crafts or the 2015 Ranger, I think with Warrior and Yar Craft being out there, boats that are mass produced like Skeeters, Rangers and Tritons may see some of these benefits, until recently Ranger has had the Big Boat Glass boats locked up, some would have a Champ or a Triton, maybe a Skeeter, but Ranger has ruled...with the Pierce family in MtHome, and the Andersen family in Minnesota I feel the Best Riding Wallleye boat will also have the Best Warranty that "May" transfer for the Life of the Boat, not the Life of the First purchaser, if you think about it that Warranty makes more sense for YOU...Get your wallets fattened up, make sure Evinrude, Yamaha and Mercury make their 2015s Ultra fast and Light so your ready....I know this will go over some heads, other folks will be Smiling and getting their Savings accounts ready......good Luck boys.....
Ok, clearly over my head. Please share
Old 12-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Charter Member

I knew a guy with a 22 ft Starcraft.
Said it was too small for lake Erie tournaments.
He went to a 28ft. Baha Sportfisherman.He was a charter captain.

So, if you want to fish big water with big waves get a big boat.