Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pierre area fishing report for Oahe/Sharpe April 28th to April 30th, 2013 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Keeper

Default Pierre area fishing report for Oahe/Sharpe April 28th to April 30th, 2013

Wind picked up some but fishing remains' good. The walleye are spawning or finishing the main spawn on both Lake Sharpe and Lake Oahe. I helped guide Dave Spaid with 3 fellows 2 from MN. and one from Rapid City. We fished the West Bend Area on Lake Sharpe due to 29 to 30 mph wind and got a 16 fish limit of walleye in around 4 hours. Caught these fish on bttm/bouncer/minnows in around 15 to 20 fow. I then fished repeat customer Troy Swift and his friend John to a catch of 14 walleye along with some smallmouth bass a northern and a catfish. We fished the Cheyenne river arm of lake Oahe catching numbers of over 15 inch walleye but could only come up with 2 fish under the 15 inch bonus rule so did not get all the bonus fish. Caught almost all of these fish pitching Berkeley gulp on jigs in less than 10 fow. Right now the year class walleye that are on in the spawning area's seem to be 15 inchers and up with very few of the smaller walleye around. I suspect the little guys are probably still out real deep but they will show up and when they do the extra bonus limits will be a little easier to come by. Fishing should continue to get even better as spring weather warms the lake water temps.
Hutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks again Hutch for the reports up there on Oahe. I love reading them every week and can't wait until my next trip.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by af4sos View Post
Thanks again Hutch for the reports up there on Oahe. I love reading them every week and can't wait until my next trip.

X2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Keeper

Same here, thank!

2008 ProV 1800 SE
150 Verado
Ulterra I-Pilot
Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3
Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2