Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Spiderwire EZ Braid - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 02-10-2021, 09:10 PM
Keeper

Default Spiderwire EZ Braid

Anyone try it? Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2021, 05:48 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronomist_at_ia View Post
Anyone try it? Thoughts?
No, but most (not all spiderwire) is lower grade braid. Only spiderwire i would consider is the ultra cast. Some great USA made braids out there that are way better.

Spiderwire ultra cast
Power pro
Power pro v2
Berkeley x5
Berkeley x9

Good braids in the not-Chinese category
Sufix 832 Taiwan
Daiwa j-Braid Japan

Last edited by Moff; 02-11-2021 at 05:53 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:07 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agronomist_at_ia View Post
Anyone try it? Thoughts?
I use it quite often, actually i started using spiderwire in the mid 90's never had an issue with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2021, 11:40 AM
Wallhanger

My only complaint with Spiderwire (and maybe its just me) but seems to limp especially when wet trying to tie on new rig really hard to push thru small hook eyes I use Power Pro seems stiffer and easier to push thru a eye. Doesn't help that with age vision is not what it used to be.
Old 07-06-2021, 09:02 PM
Keeper

Well I spooled up some bait caster MH rods with 50# spider wire EZ braid fo bass fishing our pond in town from a Jon boat.

I can say that for $12 for 330yards....I'm impressed with it.

Seemed to cast fine. When I got a birds nest was able to get it out. Pulled all the weed snags out fine.

Overall.....I think it might go on more of my rods.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:15 PM
Keeper

After reading some poor reviews on spiderwire easy braid line. I thought I would try the product and do a review on.

I spooled up some 7 foot medium heavy Abu Garcia combos with 50 pound spider wire easy braid. I'm using them to cast into Lily pads & grass with the vegetation being extremly heavy on our local pond in town that is not fishable from shore, so I finish it with a John boat.

I started out with my bait caster set tight to reduce and prevent backlashes. The easy braid had a different coating on top of the braided line that was a little odd and the line seemed a bit stiff. After using it for 5-6 outings casting for bass the line seemed to break in nicely. It lost the stiffness it had, and was a very supple line.

When it came to snags the line held up through quite a bit of pulling and tugging with weeds and difficult fish getting caught in lily pads and weed snags. Never broke off and held up well.

I can't say much for abrasion resistance since there are no rocks or branches in the pond. I would assume it is less then the Spiderwire stealth that has a fluro coating on the braid for abrasion resistance.

​Overall, at $12 for 300 yards of line, it preformed fine and seemed to get better after the initial use period. For a budget braid, I'm not afraid to use it. I am a bit taken back from some of the early reviews I read on this line, but those reviews are from years ago. It is possible that they changed some things to improve the EZ Braid since those reviews.
Old 07-08-2021, 06:53 AM
Wallhanger

As long as you're happy with it, I would recommend that you continue using it. Your only other options would be to purchase a few spools of other highly recommended brands like Power Pro or Sufix 832 and compare them yourself or rely on reviews from others.

I personally use only Sufix 832 and Power Pro, and decided on those based on reading reviews and recommendations from others. I use 10#, 15#, and 20# for bass fishing. I have one reel loaded with 50# and use it only for Canada pike. I've never had a break-off with braid, even with a snag. The fluorocarbon leader always breaks or the hook bends out. Braided line is crazy strong.
Old 07-08-2021, 11:31 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo-NC View Post
As long as you're happy with it, I would recommend that you continue using it. Your only other options would be to purchase a few spools of other highly recommended brands like Power Pro or Sufix 832 and compare them yourself or rely on reviews from others.

I personally use only Sufix 832 and Power Pro, and decided on those based on reading reviews and recommendations from others. I use 10#, 15#, and 20# for bass fishing. I have one reel loaded with 50# and use it only for Canada pike. I've never had a break-off with braid, even with a snag. The fluorocarbon leader always breaks or the hook bends out. Braided line is crazy strong.
I’ve used Power Pro, Sufix 832, fire line, spider wire stealth braids and they were all fine. Just wanted to try the EZ braid since it was 1/2 price of the others. I was a little skeptical of it do to the mixed poor reviews. After trying it…I can’t say it’s bad. It’s actually pretty decent especially for the price.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Keeper

Its been fine for me too. But better than that and also cheap is Sunline Model. I buy it from sunline.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:51 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofishy4u View Post
Its been fine for me too. But better than that and also cheap is Sunline Model. I buy it from sunline.
At $6 for 300yards that’s a deal….but add shipping on and it’s higher then spider wire ez braid…..for me. Look like decent stuff though