Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Valley sport and marine ripped me off now what - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 10-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Minnow

Default Valley sport and marine ripped me off now what

So I just bought a brand new 2019 Lund tyee. Did all the paper work ordered my electronics, dealer said come back in a week to pick up the boat. I arrive to get my boat and they say we found some problems in the gel coat. I look and all over the boat there are spots the size of my hand that look chalky white. There is some bubbling on the right rear hull. I could not see this on the showroom floor when I bought the boat poor lighting and the boat is black. Dealer said they will have it fixed. Now here is what sent me over the edge. They did not install the electronics I wanted and they tell me I will have to buy new electronics and pay a 400 dollar restocking fee on the new electronics just installed. I just snapped on the dealer and told them I want to return the boat. What am I supposed to do, I did not buy a brand new boat that has to be fixed. Am I right or wrong. Is the dealer supposed to return the boat legally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Wallhanger

You're asking for legal advice on a a fishing forum?
Old 10-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Minnow

No I’m asking if I am out of line of returning the boat. Or am I over reacting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2019, 07:38 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Donny;6365554]No I’m asking if I am out of line of returning the boat. Or am I over reacting[/QUOTE]

Did you ever officially take delivery, and leave the dealership with the boat? From the sounds of it, they installed different electronics than what your contract should show, not sure how they think they can force a customer to accept that.

HRG
Old 10-18-2019, 07:40 PM
Minnow

I don’t think it matters I had signed the paperwork then took possession a week later. I care more about a brand new boat having to be re sprayed. I did not buy a new boat to be repaired.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:41 PM
Wallhanger

You are not out of line, but I'm not a lawyer.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:10 PM
Wallhanger

I have not been fortunate enough to buy my first brand new boat yet. But when i do I would not expect to have to take a boat that is flawed. Maybe a loose screw i could see but a defective paint job- no way. And not getting the electronics you requested and being strong armed into a higher price upgrade??? Way out of line. I'd return the boat too and purchase from someone else.
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 10-18-2019, 11:27 PM
Minnow

[QUOTE=Donny;6365544]So I just bought a brand new 2019 Lund tyee. Did all the paper work ordered my electronics, dealer said come back in a week to pick up the boat. I arrive to get my boat and they say we found some problems in the gel coat. I look and all over the boat there are spots the size of my hand that look chalky white. There is some bubbling on the right rear hull. I could not see this on the showroom floor when I bought the boat poor lighting and the boat is black. Dealer said they will have it fixed. Now here is what sent me over the edge. They did not install the electronics I wanted and they tell me I will have to buy new electronics and pay a 400 dollar restocking fee on the new electronics just installed. I just snapped on the dealer and told them I want to return the boat. What am I supposed to do, I did not buy a brand new boat that has to be fixed. Am I right or wrong. Is the dealer supposed to return the boat legally.[/QUOTE]

I am in the Auto industry . I am the Director Of Finance ,for the dealership. I have seen this situation a few times before . If you did not take actual delivery of the Boat . Meaning taking it physically off of the dealership property . At your discretion , they legally have to give you a refund. All they can charge you for if they are jerks is a restocking fee. I would never accept a new boat that has to be fixed in that manner. If you financed the boat call the financial institution and cancel the contract. Explain to them you have not taken physical possession of the financed property. And let them know that the boat has problems that were not disclosed to you at the time of signing . They will call the dealer and put pressure on them to right the situation. Ask for your money back or a different NEW BOAT with the correct electronics.

Last edited by Hartly; 10-18-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:30 AM
Wallhanger

Dont take it. No way I would and dont get talked into doing it.
Old 10-19-2019, 05:45 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Hartly;6365576]I am in the Auto industry . I am the Director Of Finance ,for the dealership. I have seen this situation a few times before . If you did not take actual delivery of the Boat . Meaning taking it physically off of the dealership property . At your discretion , they legally have to give you a refund. All they can charge you for if they are jerks is a restocking fee. I would never accept a new boat that has to be fixed in that manner. If you financed the boat call the financial institution and cancel the contract. Explain to them you have not taken physical possession of the financed property. And let them know that the boat has problems that were not disclosed to you at the time of signing . They will call the dealer and put pressure on them to right the situation. Ask for your money back or a different NEW BOAT with the correct electronics.[/QUOTE]

Good advice! I would tell the dealer I’m not paying additional money for the electronics and I’m not taking the boat even if it’s repaired & if needed I will contact my attorney. You didn’t cause the defects it’s their problem.