Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Vexus ADX 190 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-09-2021, 01:31 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
Quite the opposite actually. The windshield isn’t stylish at all. It’s built as a structure of the boat like a car. Not the typical floppy windshield on boats now.

I’ll agree it looks low. But after riding in them, I didn’t even have to take my hat off. The wind blew over for sure.
sloppy????? Talk about some overhyped BS. I've never had a windshield on a boat that was sloppy. They have all been solid as rocks. Even the one we had in 1968.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 12:05 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
sloppy????? Talk about some overhyped BS. I've never had a windshield on a boat that was sloppy. They have all been solid as rocks. Even the one we had in 1968.
Well...it was floppy not sloppy. I guess you’ve been lucky for 53 years. I’ve had 2 boats with the full windshields and they both loose at some point. But it’s still better than being cold.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:11 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Well...it was floppy not sloppy. I guess you’ve been lucky for 53 years. I’ve had 2 boats with the full windshields and they both loose at some point. But it’s still better than being cold.
I've discussed this with buddies. I've had to tighten my Crestliner, and so have they with Lund and Alumacraft. I'm sure it's because you have a windshield sitting on plastic which flexes.

I'm interested in this boat. My wife thinks the boat looks "old and ugly," especially the windshield. Here we go with another husband and wife disagreement about function over form!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2021, 08:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer92 View Post
I've discussed this with buddies. I've had to tighten my Crestliner, and so have they with Lund and Alumacraft. I'm sure it's because you have a windshield sitting on plastic which flexes.

I'm interested in this boat. My wife thinks the boat looks "old and ugly," especially the windshield. Here we go with another husband and wife disagreement about function over form!
Well I hope my wife likes it because we have one on the way. lol She really doesn't care though. She's seen them.

You're right, with the exception of the Vexus, the windshields are screwed to plastic/fiberglass "dash boards" and they crack pretty quickly. Even the "bubbles" do, just not as soon.

Look at some of the videos on Youtube if you can't get in to see one. I assure they're not old looking. Ugly is a personal choice....I think they look great.

The windshield throws people off because it's not the traditional style. But I like that.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:18 AM
Keeper

If windshields are an issue, either with strength or being able to see out of them vs over them....check,out Warriors. Never a problem with either.
Old 02-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG1 View Post
If windshields are an issue, either with strength or being able to see out of them vs over them....check,out Warriors. Never a problem with either.

I’ve been in the boat. It’s not an issue. Been in Warrior as well
and would agree there too.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:38 PM
Minnow

You know the first time I looked at one I didn't like it but now i guess its grown on me. It does look like a real functional boat. And that sapphire blue paint scheme looks sweet.
Old 02-20-2021, 05:10 PM
Wallhanger

It’s a nice color. I ordered crimson. But, I have a few weeks to change my mind. I’m hoping to go to the dealer soon and look at a few color schemes to pick from, instead of on a computer.
Old 02-21-2021, 12:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
It’s a nice color. I ordered crimson. But, I have a few weeks to change my mind. I’m hoping to go to the dealer soon and look at a few color schemes to pick from, instead of on a computer.
It would be Midnight oil metallic or Summit white for me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IxNCVyAyOY), but Hat Trick hasn't shared his secret with me yet on how to convince the wife this is a good looking boat! So now I have to go spend 30% more on fiberglass.

Last edited by Timmer92; 02-21-2021 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 02:45 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer92 View Post
It would be Midnight oil metallic or Summit white for me (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IxNCVyAyOY), but Hat Trick hasn't shared his secret with me yet on how to convince the wife this is a good looking boat! So now I have to go spend 30% more on fiberglass.
My secret is easy. She didn’t care what I got as long as it met the needs for the family as well as ours for fishing.