Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Reloading bench? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 12-26-2017, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Default Reloading bench?

Setting up a reloading bench. I have a nice bench that's 24"x48", very heavy aluminum frame with 2 pieces of 5/8 ply glued together for the top. Also a sheet of aluminum composite material for a clean smooth working surface. I have a nice RCBS Rockchucker single stage press to install on it. My question is where should I mount the press, all the way to one end, the middle, or somewhere in between? Do you keep the assembly materials on the left of the press, and move the completed shells to the other side? Just want to drill and mount this one time.
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2017, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

On the far

left, I have my casetrimmer/neck Turner. About 2 ft to the right I have my press, about a foot or so right of that, is my powder measure.
A case block and a box of bullets sit to the left of press. I pick up a case with my left hand, charge it with my right hand on the handle, put charged case in press, pick up a bullet, and seat it. Loaded bullet goes in a second block to the right of the measure.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2019, 06:10 AM
Charter Member

I have my press on the right side since I am right handed. This leaves the rest of the bench open for other processes.

Rebs
Old 06-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Wallhanger

Being right handed I also have my Rockchucker on the right hand side of the bench where I can work it while seated in the middle, set the loading block just off to the left of it, use the trimmer about in the middle, the powder scale is slightly off center and set back to the left, and the powder measure is farther off to the left and on the front of the bench, everything within easy reach and plenty of room to work.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
Setting up a reloading bench. I have a nice bench that's 24"x48", very heavy aluminum frame with 2 pieces of 5/8 ply glued together for the top. Also a sheet of aluminum composite material for a clean smooth working surface. I have a nice RCBS Rockchucker single stage press to install on it. My question is where should I mount the press, all the way to one end, the middle, or somewhere in between? Do you keep the assembly materials on the left of the press, and move the completed shells to the other side? Just want to drill and mount this one time.
Are you left handed or right?
Old 06-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
My son and I built this for the spare Rockchucker . This is the setup he prefers .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CA9CE975-7979-4D30-87C5-569391910AD2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	310738  
Old 11-07-2019, 05:12 PM
Keeper

[attach]
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191107_180727.jpg
Views:	142