Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Calling LUND IMPACT Owners!!! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Minnow

Default Calling LUND IMPACT Owners!!!

After a lot of research I think this the boat I want, a 1775 Lund Impact. Does anyone have one in IL or WI that might be willing to take me out for a ride/fish? I'd be happy to pay for gas/bait/help out with the logistics... I'd really like to get out on the water, I just can't get myself to order one with out fishing out of it for a few minutes. My preferred dealer doesn't have the single console that I like and I don't feel right about wasting another dealers time with a cold water test drive... The main things I want to check on is how high it sits in the water for bass handling/flipping/pitching and the ride fishability in general. Thanks in advance, feel free to PM me!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Minnow

I would volunteer, however I am still waiting on mine to be built at the factory. Estimated completion date of Mid April, from what the dealer tells me. I ordered the 1875 SS. I really liked the open layout, rather than the full windshield. I have yet to hear of a review online (google it and you will find practically nothing), although soon I would expect to start hearing reviews.

I cant wait to get mine, and give it a test drive! I will be sure to post back on here
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Minnow

I looked really hard at the Impact and I can tell you that this is a really feature packed boat for the money. However; i do alot of bass fishing and the sides are a little high for me. I went with a predator. Boat just showed up from the factory and it's perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 10:54 PM
Keeper

Default Western canada

I ordered an 1875 impact sport loaded several weeks ago. I may actually be the first one on the water (with an impact) at ice out here in Alberta. I'll certainly report back if the darn ice ever melts.

Then again. I'm impatient
Old 03-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Slot Fish

Talking

I ordered a Black 1775, dual bubble consoles, 115 Opti, Terrova 80 lb, flip down seats at rear. It has arrived at the dealer, went to see it yesterday as they begin the final setup process, and it looks fabulous !!!

Likely in the water within a couple of weeks. I get the electronics + VHF installed next week then it's ready to go.

This is only my second boat in 20 years......last one was a Lund Stinger at 16", 50 HP Merc tiller and it was a great boat. This one will be awesome.

I am at the point where I am seeing this thing in my sleep now.....

Cheers.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM
Keeper

I have the 1775 Impact sport and was going to launch last Saturday at the Milwaukee harbor but couldn't due to no piers being in and being alone. My main objective was to get her in the water for the first time to run the engine through break in for 2 hours.

Maybe I can accommodate your need for a test run. Weather is looking to be pretty darn cold this weekend though.

Here's a pic of my rig. I photo shopped in a graphic and boat name I'm working on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1917
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	8736  

Last edited by Ebby; 03-25-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Minnow

Default Impact, Predator, Used Ranger 619?

Seeing a Predator is what gave me the new boat bug! The problem is the 1810 rod storage is lacking, especially for a bass guy like myself that carries 12-14 rods to a tournament and would like them all locked up.. Stepping into the 2010 solves that but your talking big bucks.. like 40k! At that point I think I would rather have I nice used Ranger 619... On the 1875, is the front deck any bigger than the 1775, or is does it just give you more floorspace in the middle of the boat?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggblokk View Post
On the 1875, is the front deck any bigger than the 1775, or is does it just give you more floorspace in the middle of the boat?
This is the exact question I asked my dealer when looking to order an Impact. They told me no, the difference in length is located behind the console and not in front of it, so I went with a 1775 instead of the 1875. I expect mine to arrive around the beginning of May, Sport model in black, 115 optimax, flip down seat, terrova 80 ipilot, 898 HB, cover, batteries, etc.

As much as I wanted to get a Lund, the boat that would actually work best for me is the Crestliner raptor 18 casting edition with a walkthrough. Unfortunately 38 grand to start was a bit more than I was willing to spend at this time, so with the Impact I went. The predators are nice boats, but the beam is too narrow on the 18, the 20 is too expensive and none of them offer a walkthrough, important for me as I fish big water often.

Another thing that sold me on the 1775 impact was the test information from Mercury on that boat paired with the 115 optimax non pro xs edition. Over 10mpg cruising at 40 is pretty attractive if you ask me. I really haven't seen anything close to those mpg numbers from any boat/motor combination over 17'. http://www.mercurymarine.com/engines...9.081524555702

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggblokk View Post
The problem is the 1810 rod storage is lacking, especially for a bass guy like myself that carries 12-14 rods to a tournament and would like them all locked up..
Another reason I liked the Impacts, not only the infloor rod storage is there, but the side 8' storage is available for extra rods.

Last edited by sr22ger; 03-25-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Keeper

Have you tried calling around different dealers? Jerry's sport Service is right on the water and might be able to help. They are located in Beloit, WI.
http://www.jerrysboats.com/
Old 03-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

biggblokk,
check your PM's.

HRG