Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Weekend With Wife Suggestions in Northern Michigan - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Wallhanger

Default Weekend With Wife Suggestions in Northern Michigan

My wife has been overworked and underappreciated by me. Have you forum members any ideas for a getaway weekend for the two of us? No, fishing is NOT an option in any way shape or form. I'm thinking of a bed and breakfast somewhere in northern Michigan and doing a little beach strolling and some light bicycle riding. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks for the .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Wallhanger

Porcupine Mountains. Waterfalls, beach combing, Lake of the Clouds. Lot's to see and do for a quick getaway.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Charter Member

We've stayed at the Traverse Bay Inn a couple of times and really enjoyed it. There are tons of things to do in Traverse City. The hotel is right across the street from Grand Traverse Bay, has free use of their bikes, and is very reasonably priced compared to other properties in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Wallhanger

Mackinac island. Was there way back in 1984. I remember it was a very nice place lots to see then, I am sure now some things have changed.
Fisherman 1792
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Keeper

Traverse City.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Wallhanger

All three are excellent suggestions although I've never been to Traverse City. My suggestion is Mackinac Island. There is enough stuff to keep you both occupied. We went there for our honeymoon and then back again for our tenth with the kids. Very cool place and at least there will be water all around you.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer View Post
We've stayed at the Traverse Bay Inn a couple of times and really enjoyed it. There are tons of things to do in Traverse City. The hotel is right across the street from Grand Traverse Bay, has free use of their bikes, and is very reasonably priced compared to other properties in the area.
Thanks for the tip. Must be good because they are booked solid for dates that work for us.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGPopp View Post
All three are excellent suggestions although I've never been to Traverse City. My suggestion is Mackinac Island. There is enough stuff to keep you both occupied. We went there for our honeymoon and then back again for our tenth with the kids. Very cool place and at least there will be water all around you.
It is a great place....but we have been there about six times in the last ten years for various conferences so I'll pass on that. I was thinking more like around Traverse City, maybe Leland, Charlevoix, or near Sleeping Bear Dunes. We will be in Bellaire around the middle of August so maybe I'll check some places out in the area for something in September after school resumes. Keep the suggestions coming please. Thanks.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Wallhanger

Default Light house escapade

We love checking out all the light houses along Superior and ya gotta get up to white Fish Point, alot to see on an over nighter and DON'T PLAN ANYTHING, just drive and check things out and when ya get the urge stop for the nite in a place along the way. No plans = no stress and ALOT of fun for the two of you.

Good luck and bring a camera.
Don Loch #235
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Wallhanger

Copper Harbor! Just the drive out the peninsula is worth it.