Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trollmaster - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
Minnow

Default Trollmaster

I am inquiring as whether or not I should install one of these on my pro kicker. Are they worth the money? If so, should I purchase the pro II or the new pro 3 model? I am not mechanically inclined, but could I install one myself or should I have a dealer install it?

Thanks,
M Whit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 06:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Whit View Post
I am inquiring as whether or not I should install one of these on my pro kicker. Are they worth the money? If so, should I purchase the pro II or the new pro 3 model? I am not mechanically inclined, but could I install one myself or should I have a dealer install it?

Thanks,
M Whit
It's one of the best aftermarket additions in my boat!! After using one for a few years I don't know how I got by without... You can dial right in. I have the digital proII, works great, I havn't seen the III so can't comment if it's that much better?? Installation is very easy, comes with good directions...if you do have any installation issues, you shouldn't, just give them a call, they are very helpful w good customer service!! The toughest part of the whole install is pulling wires to the console(if remote). A fish tape makes it a much easier job...just be gentle so you don't yank on other wires.

BIRDDOG
Old 12-13-2008, 06:07 AM
Keeper

Default Trollmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Whit View Post

Thanks,
M Whit
The Trollmaster throttle controls are definetly worth the money. I use a Pro II model on my Yamaha T-8 kicker. I have a dual remote shift/throttle setup on my Ranger and the Trollmaster allows me to dial in the exact speed that I want. The Pro3 model adds an interface for a remote steering unit like the Panther steering modules, something to consider if you plan on adding remote steering. I did the installation myself. The most difficult part was pulling the cable through to where I wanted the control box to be located. It took less than 1 hour. If you don't feel confident doing it yourself, I'm sure a dealer wouldn't charge much to do the install. I've used mine for 2 seasons now and have had zero problems. It is an excellent product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Wallhanger

I couldn't imagine being on the water without my Troll Master. My boat has remote throttle, and can't get near the fine throttle increments that the TM can.

With the remote throttle, I'm lucky if I can increase/decrease the speed by three tenths of a mph.

With the Troll Master, I can go from 1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, ect with a slight turn of the knob.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:38 AM
Charter Member

I agree with the others, the TM ProII may well be the best addition I've ever made to the boat other than the kicker itself. The level of throttle control is incredible.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

I totally agree with the above statements " The TM Pro may well be the best addition I've ever made to the boat other than the kicker itself. The level of throttle control is incredible."
Old 12-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

I have a Trollmaster Pro II. I really like the remote throttle control, fine adjustment, etc. I ran into one problem. It must not be very common because I've seen few complaints about it and it happened with a motor that's very different from yours. My 15-horse 2-stroke Mariner induced lots of RF noise on the Trollmaster and the result was every time I switched the unit on or off, the outboard rpm would race up, sometimes jamming wide-open. When in gear, this was a real incovenience, but a thrilling race for the kill switch when it happened in neutral. Bill at Trollmaster worked with me to better shield the unit. While the RF problem isn't completely gone, it's much better and I've learned to keep the motor in gear whenever I monkey with the Trollmaster.

On my motor, one would need very little mechanical skill to install a TM ProII. The directions are posted on-line, so take a look.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarcraft91 View Post
a thrilling race for the kill switch when it happened in neutral.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Keeper

Where is a good place to get trollmaster online. Most of the ones are sold out at cabelas

Last edited by I Fish GS; 12-16-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Wallhanger

Try here:

http://www.troll-masterpro.com/index.html