Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Weed and Feed - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2021, 05:34 AM
Wallhanger

Default Weed and Feed

Got my Weed and Feed application on this morning....I'm happy.

For quite some time now I've been thinking about applying Weed and Feed. I know many folks use a lawn service and many folks DIY. Everybody can choose to do what is best for them and their particular situation. In preparation for the spring application I bought 50 bags of Scott's Weed and Feed. The roads were wet and slippery so I drove to Fleet Farm in reverse for better traction. After pulling into the parking lot and carefully parking the vehicle and setting the parking brake, I put my mask on and entered the store. After seeing how much room 50 bags was gonna need I called my son and told him to bring the trailer out to the store. "Should I drive in reverse" he asked. "No'', I said, ''that would be unsafe with the trailer hooked up". Well by that time the roads had cleared up anyways so no big deal. So he arrives with the trailer and we haul all the bags home. We unload them in the garage, carefully stacking the bags on a pallet to keep them off the floor. Now time to apply the Weed and Feed. So opening the bags and loading them into.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................blah blah. Job done.

Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2021, 05:42 AM
Keeper

Talking Well put sir.

Did you learn that on the farm out west? You'll need 50 more bags for the neighbor that you share a spreader with.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:51 AM
quite sad

Default quite sad

You must not have much else to do. Pathetic to say the least.... but, whatever I guess......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2021, 06:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NailsWI View Post
Got my Weed and Feed application on this morning....I'm happy.

For quite some time now I've been thinking about applying Weed and Feed. I know many folks use a lawn service and many folks DIY. Everybody can choose to do what is best for them and their particular situation. In preparation for the spring application I bought 50 bags of Scott's Weed and Feed. The roads were wet and slippery so I drove to Fleet Farm in reverse for better traction. After pulling into the parking lot and carefully parking the vehicle and setting the parking brake, I put my mask on and entered the store. After seeing how much room 50 bags was gonna need I called my son and told him to bring the trailer out to the store. "Should I drive in reverse" he asked. "No'', I said, ''that would be unsafe with the trailer hooked up". Well by that time the roads had cleared up anyways so no big deal. So he arrives with the trailer and we haul all the bags home. We unload them in the garage, carefully stacking the bags on a pallet to keep them off the floor. Now time to apply the Weed and Feed. So opening the bags and loading them into.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................blah blah. Job done.

Be safe
I hear ya.............it's ALWAYS better to fertilize your own lawn and of course any neighbors lawns within 500 yards of your own lawn to make sure you don't get any of their weeds.. . . LOL

Remember to contact the manufacture about any questions that you might have to correctly apply the weed n feed. . . . . .

Happy Landscaping,
Bob
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 05-08-2021, 06:27 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by quite sad View Post
You must not have much else to do. Pathetic to say the least.... but, whatever I guess......
LMAO.
You obviously don't spend much time here. The regulars know I'm just having some fun with one of the members.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I hear ya.............it's ALWAYS better to fertilize your own lawn and of course any neighbors lawns within 500 yards of your own lawn to make sure you don't get any of their weeds.. . . LOL

Remember to contact the manufacture about any questions that you might have to correctly apply the weed n feed. . . . . .

Happy Landscaping,
Bob
Good stuff Bobby. My next door neighbor hasn't treated his lawn since he moved in, probably 7 yrs. Dandelions, Clover, Creeping Charlie, Thistle, you name it. It's growing rampant in his yard and spreading into mine. I broadcast as far as I can get it without stepping onto his property, then when that part of his lawn grows nice and thick without the weeds he refuses to mow it.

He also has a Red Maple that he has never pruned that over hangs my yard and sidewalk that pokes me in the face when I mow and shovel snow. I have asked him to take care of the tree which he refuses to do. I contacted the village, they talked to him and he still did nothing. I got the OK from public works to trim what overhangs my lot line.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:05 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Good stuff Bobby. My next door neighbor hasn't treated his lawn since he moved in, probably 7 yrs. Dandelions, Clover, Creeping Charlie, Thistle, you name it. It's growing rampant in his yard and spreading into mine. I broadcast as far as I can get it without stepping onto his property, then when that part of his lawn grows nice and thick without the weeds he refuses to mow it.

He also has a Red Maple that he has never pruned that over hangs my yard and sidewalk that pokes me in the face when I mow and shovel snow. I have asked him to take care of the tree which he refuses to do. I contacted the village, they talked to him and he still did nothing. I got the OK from public works to trim what overhangs my lot line.
I had a neighbor move in about 10 years ago (nice guy) and he asked me if he could cut the grass all the way up to my driveway so it looks even. I said sure.......it's only another 2-3'............well I didn't know he was only going to cut his grass every 2-3 weeks.......so after a while I starting cutting that 2-3' strip so when I get out of my truck or car I'm not stepping in tall wet grass and now he stops short and will not cut that small strip..........go figure.

As far as trimming his tree..........at least around here, anything that hangs over onto your property is legal to cut.........so 40 years ago I had a plum tree hanging over my fence onto another neighbors lawn. They cut the branches which I had no problem with but then they threw the cut branches over the fence into my yard. I didn't say anything but then the following week they did it again with the other unknown kind of tree.........this time I threw them back over the fence to send them a message for future cuttings.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 05-08-2021, 08:01 AM
Wallhanger

Haha!

Posting 10 links on the various weed and feed products and you'd have nailed it.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:22 AM
Wallhanger

Funny stuff
Old 05-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:

Same deal for me Nails, new neighbors moved in and won’t trim up their stuff or keep up the yard. I asked several times for them to trim their bushes and they didn’t so I took a chainsaw to them and promptly deposited all the felled limbs and debris into their yard. They cleaned that part up but still haven’t trimmed any of the other bushes on the property line that are hanging over. I just bought a fresh quart of bar and chain lube for the next pruning...ha! I am hoping they complain to the city, if they do I will take the fine but not before I cut them **** bushes down to the ground!

PS, I kind of like being the grumpy old man in the hood, maybe a little too much. Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk