Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Solix 12 and Helix 10 Network troubleshooting - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 05-24-2021, 09:48 PM
Minnow

Default Solix 12 and Helix 10 Network troubleshooting

I am networking a Helix 10, Solix 12 and I pilot Link. I have the Helix and Solix to the 5 port switch and waiting on the I pilot for the extension cable. I have the switch powered up to a 3 amp fuse. It is possible that I have wires backwards due to shrink wrap covering wire color. I did try wiring both ways but only see the switch listed in the Solix when wired one of the ways.

The Solix can see the switch on the network but doesn't recognize the Helix. The Helix doesn't see the Solix or list the switch. I have scrolled thru the sonars and temps on both units but only see the unit I am working on. I ran a new cable from Helix to switch to make sure it is not a bad cable but still isn't on the network. Both Solix and Helix are running current software.

How long does it take to find the network the first time on a Helix 10? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited by ericbeyer1; 05-24-2021 at 09:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2021, 08:43 AM
Wallhanger

Not familiar with the Solix have you tried starting each unit in different sequences and make sure it is fully booted up before turning on the other?
Old 05-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Minnow

Default Thanks

I will give that a try and see if it works. Anxious to get the extension for the I-pilot as this will allow me to see if the switch is working properly.

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2021, 06:33 PM
Minnow

Default Humminbird follow-up

Just heard back from Humminbird. They said only data shared between a Helix and Solix is waypoints. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2021, 07:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbeyer1 View Post
I am networking a Helix 10, Solix 12 and I pilot Link. I have the Helix and Solix to the 5 port switch and waiting on the I pilot for the extension cable. I have the switch powered up to a 3 amp fuse. It is possible that I have wires backwards due to shrink wrap covering wire color. I did try wiring both ways but only see the switch listed in the Solix when wired one of the ways.

The Solix can see the switch on the network but doesn't recognize the Helix. The Helix doesn't see the Solix or list the switch. I have scrolled thru the sonars and temps on both units but only see the unit I am working on. I ran a new cable from Helix to switch to make sure it is not a bad cable but still isn't on the network. Both Solix and Helix are running current software.

How long does it take to find the network the first time on a Helix 10? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks,

Eric
I don't think they will share, at best maybe waypoints but not transducers and so on. Should not really be called a network very limited.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 05-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Minnow

Default Thank You

I agree and I let the rep know that it is frustrating. All the marketing says networkable. I would assume that this means that they can all share data. I'm not sure why they can not, seems to me that it would be an easy fix over time with updates. Super frustrating. I will return my Helix 10 I just purchased and get a Solix 10. If I didn't have so much tied up in money and time I would switch to a different brand. There is also a lot of misinformation on the internet about them sharing data when they really can't.

Lesson learned-
Old 05-26-2021, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbeyer1 View Post
I agree and I let the rep know that it is frustrating. All the marketing says networkable. I would assume that this means that they can all share data. I'm not sure why they can not, seems to me that it would be an easy fix over time with updates. Super frustrating. I will return my Helix 10 I just purchased and get a Solix 10. If I didn't have so much tied up in money and time I would switch to a different brand. There is also a lot of misinformation on the internet about them sharing data when they really can't.

Lesson learned-
It says right on their site that the data that is shared between a Solix and a Helix (later models) is very limited. But, you should at least be able to see the other unit in the network section of your menu. So, because you can't, something was going on. Going with another Solix instead was probably a better idea anyway. Just my .02cents.

https://www.humminbird.com/support/f...units-together
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 05-26-2021, 06:24 AM
Minnow

Thanks Juls-

It was clearly my fault and lesson learned. I ordered a Solix last night. I thought it was weird that I couldn’t see it on the network as well. I hope it works with the Solix when I get it. 😀
Old 06-08-2021, 10:53 PM
Keeper

Been there, done that. They only share waypoints. Both solix and helix can control the ipilot link. The solix will not show the helix on the networking page and vice versa. Nice thing about you getting two solix units is they share EVERYTHING including one map chip.

Tags
ethernet , helix , solix , switch , troubleshoot