Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Charging AGM vs. Wet-cell Batteries - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Keeper

Good to know, and makes me glad I replaced mine with current PC chargers. But the old ones said right on them they were good for AGM batteries, and I used mine with them for several years. I went with the new ones because my boat will sit on a lift the Summer, and I felt more comfortable leaving the newer PC chargers plugged in for extended periods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2019, 07:43 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npkman View Post
FYI. I just got off the phone with ProMariner customer support. They said that for their chargers they use the same charging profile for AGM and wet-cell batteries. He looked up the specs for my particular charger and said that it was suitable for either AGM or wet-cell batteries and I was good to go if I decide to get an AGM replacement.
Good for you...exactly why I always talk to the manufacturers when I have those types of questions