Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Warrior V2121 with a Suzuki DF300/DF9.9HT...Will I need Trim Tabs? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
Wallhanger

Dean, This may help with your locator question. I have a 193 w/ a Lowrance 7600hd gps and a 111hd combo mounted on the dash. Both are 10.4" screen units that being a few years older are deeper than current units because of the large cooling fins on the back. They fit fine . I mounted the gps to the left side with the standard Lowrance bracket that comes w/ the unit. Just screwed it to the dash. The 111 is mounted to the right of it on the 1 1/2" ball ram mount w/ a 71/2 " arm. As Troy suggests I cantilever that straight out and actually let the arm rest on the top of the dash. I also cut the tips of the "T" handle that tightens the Ram balls shorter. That accomodates for it being closer to the dash. If you don't do that it may not clear when tightening. Use a pliers to tighten. I've run this setup for 2 years now without any problems. The only movement you will get is if you are pounding some waves and don't have the Ram arm down on the dash. I think the Tom Backer mounts would fit also. Once you get those big screens mounted you will love running w/ all that info "BIG" enough to see at a glance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Keeper

Default Electronics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertan View Post
First off I wanted to thank Troy at the factory for taking the time to answer some of my questions. Between the first rate dealer and the ability to get advice from the people building the boat, I know I will be well taken care of. It's a pleasant change from some of the other boats I have owned and I haven't even taken delivery yet.

After talking to Troy, I will likely be going with the Minn Kota 9X12" tabs on my boat. I'm also trying to decide on electronics on my boat. Troy didn't think two HDS-10s would fit on the console without cantilevering them out quite a bit on RAM mounts. What electronics are you running Kevin and how do they fit? Any pictures by chance? Thanks again.

Dean Higson
Dean,
We have an LCX 25c and Global Map 6000 side by side on the dash...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1189   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	261
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1190  
Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Keeper

Those pictures are super helpful. Thanks Kevin. I'll look up the dimensions of those units on Lowrance's site and that should give me a good idea of how the HDS units will fit.

I'm jealous of all those rod holders. Out here we are allowed one line per angler. No one does any open water angling because you need a herd to be able to establish a proper set of lines. I may copy yours anyways. I'll barter tubing time for trolling time with the kids.

Dean Higson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Keeper

Default Nice Ride

Dean congrats on the boat. Is that the blue/grey boat they had in the showroom? W5 are great to deal with. When do you pick her up? Have you decided on all the rigging details?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Keeper

Yes, it's the blue one they've had since last summer. I really enjoy talking to Tom and Kasandra. They are my neighbors at Joussard which is convenient. I'm not picking the boat up until late May/early June as I wanted a chance to sell my Lund and not carry the costs of two boats. Most of the rigging I have sorted...a Suze 9.9HT and Minn Kota trim tabs on the transom; the big 36 volt Terrova on the bow with an HSD-5x run through the US2; and twin HDS-10s at the console if I can get them to fit, otherwise a 10 and an 8. I also want to semi-permanently mount an underwater camera and a laptop as I am very interested in doing a lot of mapping on the lake. I've thought about getting a Humminbird as well as they allow you to do some neat things with Cannon downriggers, but I think I'll wait to see what Lowrance's side scan technology looks like later this year. Lowrances work very well with the mapping software I plan on using as well, which keeps bringing me back to them. If you have any rigging tips I'm all ears. Cheers.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Keeper

I thought it was that boat. I've sat in her a few times. I would of bought her but it wouldn't fit in my garage. Those are some sweet colours too, same as my old 2090bt. Are you getting a remote or tiller kicker? Looks like your gonna give Doc Samson a run for his money with all the electronics on your boat HaHa. I do have a couple of rigging ideas but that might be something that should be disscussed over beers.

Steve
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Keeper

Correction, the Lund apparently is sold to a fellow in Saskatchewan. He called on the weekend when the ad was only a few hours old and is supposed to be picking it up on Sunday. It's a nice boat too, but I am really looking forward to the Warrior.

I built a 30'X30' shop out at the lake last Summer so that I wouldn't have to haul the toys back and forth all the time, and my home garage is 36' X 30' should I want to bring it home so I should have that covered. I was going to get Laser Red and Charcoal last year to match a Verado 350SCi, but I think this boat looks super sharp as well. When I talked to Kasandra a few weeks ago and went to go look at the V2121 and V203 from last season, I couldn't recall the colors but pretty much decided I would take the one that looked better. As soon as the guy pulled the cover off the V2121 I told Kasandra that was the one I was taking.

I have a remote ProKicker on my Lund and I don't think I would go that route again. I am getting a DF9.9HT which is a tiller handle but with power tilt...best of both worlds IMO.

I don't think I'll be giving Doc any serious challenges any time soon, but I do have all his DVDs and have been in touch with him by e-mail recently. He's obviously very knowledgable about mapping and always willing to help in my experience.

Beers sound good. Name the time and place. Cheers.

Dean
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Keeper

I sent you a PM
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Keeper

Time has past since I originally posted this thread. The dealer couldn't put the trim tabs on because the kicker and the Vantage didn't leave any room on the transom. How do you guys have yours mounted Kevin? A picture would be great. I still have the 9X12 trim tabs sitting on the floor in the box if I can figure how to get them mounted. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Keeper

How does it run without them?