Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mail Order Electronics Suppliers - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

I know the new BassPro in Calgary had the HDS 7 and HDS 10 units in stock because I stood and drooled for a few minutes. I can't remember the price though, I probably blocked it out lol.

If you've already got the US cash, you're laughing, otherwise, I agree, you might as well just buy in AB.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Slot Fish

I don't know how some of the others are with customer service but I have made 2 purchases from Wade and had some questions. He was excellent in answering my questions and when making my purchaces!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Charter Member

Pretty hard to beat reeds.........

www.ReedsSports.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Keeper

Default Lowrance HDS units

I just purchased a HDS-8 with insight and the 83/200 transducer from eBuyersWorld.com and paid $1765 with free shipping. All other places I looked had $1899 for the same unit. HDS-7's and 5's were priced lower than Reed's, Cabela's, Bass Pro. eBuyers had lower prices for the Lowrance HDS units accross the board.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
HBMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@ View Post
I just purchased a HDS-8 with insight and the 83/200 transducer from eBuyersWorld.com and paid $1765 with free shipping. All other places I looked had $1899 for the same unit. HDS-7's and 5's were priced lower than Reed's, Cabela's, Bass Pro. eBuyers had lower prices for the Lowrance HDS units accross the board.
Not to sound like a smarta$$, but the price on that same unit from Wade at JollyAnn would be $1775, with no shipping or sales tax ... Frankly, for an extra $10 you would get much better customer service from Wade than some unknown dude at eBuyersWorld.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Keeper

Default Reference reply from HBMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMAN View Post
Not to sound like a smarta$$, but the price on that same unit from Wade at JollyAnn would be $1775, with no shipping or sales tax ... Frankly, for an extra $10 you would get much better customer service from Wade than some unknown dude at eBuyersWorld.
I believe you think that eBuyers World is E-Bay so something similar. Well, it is located in Minnesota and the unit shipped from Minnesota. I didn't buy from some dude on the internet selling their own unit. By the way I didn't pay sales tax either. And...I don't know "Wade" from Jollyann any better than I knew "Adam" who I worked with at eBuyers World who kept me posted on prices, shipping dates, etc. I doubt that "Wade" could help me install the unit on my boat any more than "Adam" could have. So $10 dollars in my pocket is better than $10 dollars in Jollyann's pocket. hmmmm??
Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM
HBMAN

First of all --- eBuyersWorld is located in Illinois, not Minn. Sounds like you really know your retailer, huh?

Second --- JollyAnn would not charge sales tax or shipping either, so I am not sure what your point is about that? In fact, anyone who lives in Ill would have to pay sales tax to eBuyersWorld; last time I checked Ill is a much more populous state than Iowa.

Third --- I bet Wade actually WOULD try to do everything possible over the phone/internet to help you install your unit once you got it. He posts on this board all the time. I am not his shill and do not work for him, but I have personally known him to bend over backwards to help customers solve all of their problems. Have you ever delt with him? Ever done any searches on the board for how he has helped others?

$10 --- ever heard the phrase penny wise and pound foolish? Hope you don't have to return the item, because eBuyersWorld charges a 20% restocking fee! And Good luck with "Adam" helping you out with any warranty issues.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

another vote for Wade, I have dealt with him personally too.

BUT...I see you can buy diapers at ebuyersworld.

now theres someone who knows thier stuff LOL

help me with my sonar then change the kids diapers for me

Old 04-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

I have not delt with Wade myself, but from what I see on this board he is a stand-up guy. I just ordred another unit from Reed's in Minnesota. Why, because a couple years ago I ordered a Lowrance unit from them, when I got it, it was defective, they sent out a new unit and a return tag for the old one in one day. Service is what builds a business.

RKG
Old 04-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Keeper

Well, thanks for all the replies. I never did hear back from Wade, which I thought was odd. I'm sure he's a great guy and was just busy this past week. I'm buying my stuff from The Fishin' Hole up here. I used to work there years ago, and apparently still have some friends there. Cheers.