Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
H P D TOM?RUSSELL closed season? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-11-2002, 04:51 AM
Charter Member

Default H P D TOM?RUSSELL closed season?

HI guys got a problem lost my rules and reg book ,is there a closed season on walleye /sauger on the river ? don't mind the fee for my license BUT don't want to be find for not knowing .thanks jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2002, 08:11 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: H P D TOM?RUSSELL closed season?

The rivers fall under the Regs for season closures and limits, etc. Here is a link to the Pa. Fish and Boat Commission with all the Regs you were afraid to ask for.

http://www.fish.state.pa.us/

RANGER

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"! - Edmund Burke

"KEEP YOUR LINES WET, YOUR POWDER DRY and THE BEER COLD"!
Old 03-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Wallhanger

Jim
this past saturday was the last day of walleye/sauger fishing until the 1st of may, walleye still open on pymytuning, there is no closed season.

Tom}>
><{{}]>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Chris

Tom, does it mean we can still fish the rivers we just can't keep any Walleye, Sauger or Saugeye that we catch??? Or does it mean we are not allowed to fish the rivers at all now??? Caught about a 20 inch Sauger Saturday night shore fishing at LSC. Fished chubs on the bottom. Biggest one I've ever caught. Doesn't sound like Pymy was that good this past weekend. How is your knee coming along?? Chris
Old 03-11-2002, 12:02 PM
Wallhanger

Chris
you can fish the rivers BUT your not supposed to target the eyes/sauger, and if you catch any release it right away, the fish warden won,t say much as long as your releasing fish, the knee is coming along fine i can go back to work tomorrow and start therapy on monday for a few weeks, i,ll be at pymy this weekend to try for the eyes last year at this time we really hammered them.

Tom}>
><{{}]>
Old 03-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

TOM I"M going tuesday to pyme got any IDEA"S you want to share?jim
Old 03-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Keeper

Jim, glad Tom answered your question about the law.:-) I usually run around with that outlaw buddy of mine Earl and I never know whats legal and whats not.:7 I seem to know the game wardens down this way pretty good. They're a h###ova nice bunch of fellas.:-) Seriously though, Pa. closes the season during the spawn. Which is the best way to help our fisherys. I said this a long time ago, specially on our bass. There are a lot of tournaments that go on during the spawn on the Ohio River for bass. A lot of the she fish get yanked off the beds and transported through locks a lot of times. Lost hatches hurt more than the fish that are being eatin. Well, thats another story. Tom, you heading to Pymy this weekend? Save a few for me!:-)
Old 03-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

YOUR right on about the spawn kill ,don't mind them shut'en down the fishing for awile wish ohio would do this THATS WHY YOU GOT GOOD FISH LAKES AND OHIO"S AIN"T NOTH"EN going to pyme in the morning first time there in about 15yrs fishing .jim
Old 03-11-2002, 06:57 PM
Wallhanger

Jim
jig and minnows ( fathead minnows ) AND KEEP IT SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, and keep it vertical.

Tom}>
><{{}]>