Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I-Pilot - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Chat Site / Chat Schedule

Old 02-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Minnow

Default I-Pilot

I have Minn Kota Bowmount Foot Control Trolling Motor. The motor is a 2013 model year. The base reads Power Drive. Is there a difference with Power Drive and Power Drive V2. I'd like to install an I-Pilot control on the motor and want to know if this would be compatible? Thank you.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

You posted on the wrong board, but yes, your's will accept an I-pilot upgrade. MinnKota Poerdrives from about 2007 have been V2 models.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:43 PM
Minnow

Default hummingbird GPS

Would you know if the Humminbird® 859ci HD Combo is a good choice to use with y I-Pilot Link? I am somewhat on a budget on what I want to spend on a unit and don't know for sure if this would be a good unit to use. The description says it's I-Pilot compatible. And if it is not what would you suggest. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2015, 06:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgofishinnow View Post
Would you know if the Humminbird® 859ci HD Combo is a good choice to use with y I-Pilot Link? I am somewhat on a budget on what I want to spend on a unit and don't know for sure if this would be a good unit to use. The description says it's I-Pilot compatible. And if it is not what would you suggest. Thank you
I had an 859 DI model, and it was a fine unit. Have since switched to Garmin electronics though.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgofishinnow View Post
One thing you need to know, you MUST use Huminbird Lakemaster mapping to get the iPilot Link features. NAvionics mapping wlll NOT work with the iPilot Link. Check the lakes list for your area to see if Lakemaster has good coverage of the lakes you fish.

I am running an 859 DI on my boat.

Last edited by wpwarhawk; 02-14-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpwarhawk View Post
One thing you need to know, you MUST use Huminbird Lakemaster mapping to get the iPilot Link features. NAvionics mapping wlll NOT work with the iPilot Link. Check the lakes list for your area to see if Lakemaster has good coverage of the lakes you fish.

I am running an 859 DI on my boat.
This is not correct. The ONLY i-Pilot Link feature tied to LakeMaster mapping is Follow the Contour. All other features (Spot Lock, Track Record and Playback, BackTrack, Cruise Control, Autopilot and Advanced Autopilot) work with any map chip, or no map chip at all.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Halfen View Post
This is not correct. The ONLY i-Pilot Link feature tied to LakeMaster mapping is Follow the Contour. All other features (Spot Lock, Track Record and Playback, BackTrack, Cruise Control, Autopilot and Advanced Autopilot) work with any map chip, or no map chip at all.
Everything you mention works with the standard iPilot. The iPilot LINK features only work with the Lakemaster mapping.