Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Crawlers in Thunder Bay or en route to Nakina - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Minnow

Default Crawlers in Thunder Bay or en route to Nakina

Hi all,

Anyone know of a good place to get crawlers either in Thunder Bay or along 11/17 between there and Nakina? I did check previous posts but only found a few and they were several years old. If you hit the same place every year and they've got the goods at a decent price, I'd love to hear from you. My Dad did call one bait shop in Thunder Bay that quoted him a price of $6/dozen and only available by the dozen (no flat/half-flat pricing). Maybe that is the going rate these days but I don't recall paying that much last fall.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 PM
Minnow

I buy mine in Duluth, MN. Last year price was $65/flat. Have never found anything near TB that was reasonably priced. Ordering ahead saves time and ensures availability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2019, 06:54 AM
Minnow

We have been stopping at Larry's Baits in Kakabeka Falls to pick up crawlers. I believe we paid around $65 for a flat last year. I usually send them a message through Facebook to make sure they save me a flat for pickup on my way through. They usually have several on hand so I probably don't need to even reserve any. They do like the foam container dropped off on your way back through which is no big deal so I do it as a courtesy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Keeper

Fleet Farm sells Canadian crawlers in a 250 count (1/2 flat) breathable plastic bag. Easy to transport and keep. Price was about equal buying them by the flat and there was no mess. Actually stated they were a product of Canada right on the package. The border guard really liked that.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Wallhanger

Penock's in Nakina used to sell flats of worms. Pretty sure they still do. You need to call ahead and order them.

http://pennocksnakina.com/
Old 04-15-2019, 07:52 PM
Keeper

I agree with wickguy. The bait shop in Kakabeka Falls has great crawlers. Have been using them for 12 years. Price is competitive. I always call ahead, but I don't think it is typically necessary. The owner of the camp I fish west of there recommended that I use this supplier. Never disappointed.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Borger View Post
Penock's in Nakina used to sell flats of worms. Pretty sure they still do. You need to call ahead and order them.

http://pennocksnakina.com/
Hi--that is great news, as we are staying at Pennock's prior to flying in to Brace Lake this July. Good thread--thanks!!