Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Does anyone here fish Tupper Lake in NY's Adirondacks?... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 02-23-2020, 05:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default Does anyone here fish Tupper Lake in NY's Adirondacks?...

I hope to have my new boat(!) in time for NY's walleye opener on May 2nd, and I'm planning its maiden voyage for Tupper Lake in NY's Adirondacks. Thus far, though, I only know Tupper from its stellar reputation (especially right at the beginning of the season) and beautiful looks; I've never yet fished it.

Does anyone here fish Tupper, and if so, would you like to join me on one or more outings there this year? I'd very much welcome both your company and whatever you could teach me! Or if you haven't yet fished the lake but have also wanted to give it a try, maybe we could learn a thing or two about it together.

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2020, 05:06 AM
Wallhanger

I would suggest picking up your Fishing Machine at Cabela's and travel 15-20 minutes further west to Small Boat Harbor and test that boat out there before traveling 4 hours east back home. You can fish or just break in the motor to see if it's A OK before that long journey home. This way if something is not quite right you can stop back at Cabela's so they can tweek it before heading back home.

There is NO ice on Erie this year so it will be a VERY early perch season and Erie is where the JUMBO'S roam. . . . .
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 02-24-2020, 06:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
I would suggest picking up your Fishing Machine at Cabela's and travel 15-20 minutes further west to Small Boat Harbor and test that boat out there before traveling 4 hours east back home...
Definitely! I should have said that my boat's maiden FISHING voyage will be on Tupper. I've already confirmed with Cabela's that when it arrives they'll take me out to a nearby water body to show me how to launch, operate on the water and haul out. They more or less told me they'll be happy to give me as much time and instruction as I like, however much that might be. It sounded as if they're looking forward to it almost as eagerly as I am; I suppose it's a lot more fun for them than sitting around the boat center waiting for the occasional shopper to come in.

I'll definitely be fishing Erie before long. I'd just rather start out somewhere at least a bit smaller and closer to home.

Gerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2020, 08:38 AM
Wallhanger

Gerry, that's GREAT.......... BTW they will probably take you to Small Boat Harbor now known as "Safe Harbor State Park".....it's located on the out harbor that is like a 2 mile long inland lake, no worries if the wind is blowing if you stay inside the harbor walls and also is a HOT spot for fishing. See here:

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8489...=en&authuser=0
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 02-24-2020, 09:08 AM
Keeper

I’d suggest packing a few sandwiches for the people who go out with you. You probably will have a better chance of beating kidnapping charges if you feed your passengers, and I doubt you will be heading back to the launch when they want to. Never been to Tupper, but I wish you the best of luck, and can’t wait to see pics of the new ride!
Old 02-24-2020, 09:27 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks, Bobby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecatcher23 View Post
I’d suggest packing a few sandwiches for the people who go out with you. You probably will have a better chance of beating kidnapping charges if you feed your passengers, and I doubt you will be heading back to the launch when they want to...

Gerry
Old 02-24-2020, 11:18 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
Thanks, Bobby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecatcher23 View Post
I’d suggest packing a few sandwiches for the people who go out with you. You probably will have a better chance of beating kidnapping charges if you feed your passengers, and I doubt you will be heading back to the launch when they want to...
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/laugh.gif[/IMG]

Gerry
This is the result of drinking in the morning!