Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Canadian border open June 21st? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 05-11-2020, 07:48 AM
Minnow

Default Canadian border open June 21st?

Good morning to all,
A good friend of mine is a gulf stream jet mechanic and said he was talking to another guy in the industry who has a fly in trip planned June 5th, he said he heard the border is going to open May 30th, I am not aware of his source but wonder if any of you have heard the same thing? I hope I'm
not criticized for this post, just trying to cheer everyone up in these crazy times with some hope. Since the stay home order is effect until May 29 here in Ohio, things are like hair salons, retail and restaurants are starting to open with certain restrictions.
Take care all, stay safe and healthy!
John in Ohio

Last edited by Hawker; 05-13-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2020, 07:50 AM
Wallhanger

I hope your buddy is right!
Old 05-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Keeper

I have not heard anything close to that. I'm shooting for late July.

-FT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2020, 08:03 AM
Minnow

The current agreement expires may 21st. Canada will more than likely keep the border closed, even if the us side opens. More than likely it will be extended for 30 days.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Jdconins;6436806]Good morning to all,
A good friend of mine is a gulf stream jet mechanic and said he was talking to another guy in the industry who has a fly in trip planned June 5th, he said he heard the border is going to open May 30th, I am not aware of his source but wonder if any of you have heard the same thing? I hope I'm
not criticized for this post, just trying to cheer everyone up in these crazy times with some hope. Since the stay home order is effect until May 29 here in Ohio, things are like hair salons, retail and restaurants are starting to open with certain restrictions.
Take care all, stay safe and healthy!
John in Ohio[/QUOTE]

I was at Home Depot the other day and this guy said his brother's friend's uncle's brother in law said the border would be open next weekend:popc1::blahblah:
Old 05-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

I’m sure not going to be packing my stuff anytime soon that’s my guess,I’m just praying for my sept trip,I’m sure my June n July trips are gone
Old 05-11-2020, 08:40 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Fisherman Ted;6436814]I have not heard anything close to that. I'm shooting for late July.

-FT[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input, Ted, but it sounds like Jdconins has way better connections than you. Now if you had a friend that knows a guy that heard something, then I'd listen to what you have to say.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Minnow

Default I knew it

Yep that's why I rarely post on here because some smart a-- always has to put in his or her 2 cents.
A buddy of a brother who has a friend who's uncle said his brother said while at the horse track said.

My friends boss travels a lot both in the states and internationally including parts of Canada so maybe they do know something that we don't.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Central Wisconsin

Default Premier of Ontario not in favor of opening border

[url]https://www.iheartradio.ca/virginradio/ontario-premier-adamant-he-doesn-t-want-canada-u-s-border-to-open-1.12363882[/url]
Also there is the question of a 14 day quarantine on anyone entering Canada.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Keeper

Eh, John.......I wouldn't sweat the morons. I like reading the posts and get peoples views of them right or wrong. My opinion is things won't open up soon and with the big push to open up businesses in the states, even though they haven't made the guidelines set, ie: downward trend of cases for 14 consecutive days, i think the numbers will climb again and our friends to the north may not open up to us at all this year if this happens. I hope I'm wrong but time will tell.