Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1975 lund pro v - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 01-18-2020, 03:01 PM
Keeper

Default 1975 lund pro v

just putting the finishing touches on the 2020 lund 1975 pro v that I am ordering
looking for some opinions on a few items

1. trailer custom galvanized or custom lunguard, I do like the look of the lunguard better but I am worried about it chipping and rusting

2. lunds Bow Rock Guard, for those of you that have one would you get another

3. prop on a 225 mercury pro xs , a 19P tempest is really the only prop that there seems to be any performance reports on but is anybody running anything else they are happy with

Thanks

Old 01-18-2020, 06:16 PM
Slot Fish

Nice boat, its a great choice.
I've got a bow guard, not Lund, but the same idea. It attracts stuff (pebbles, twigs) on the inside that requires a good vacuum and by hand removal. The good thing is once that is done, the protection of the boat and first axle/rollers (in my case) works well. That, with the top cover and motor covers, helps to keep eyes out of the boat when parked.
I've used galvanized trailers in the past, currently have a painted trailer. I use a Bow Buddy all season long, the bow guard mainly on long trips. The Bow Buddy keeps the boat chip free, but also goes pretty low and protects the trailer too. I've gone striper fishing with this rig. Keeping on top of washing/rinsing the rig after each saltwater use, then occasionally through the year seems to keep the rust down to a minimum after 4 seasons.
Can't help you with the prop.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:28 PM
Wallhanger

I like the Lundguard trailer, I have seen no rock chips at all on mine

Last edited by Scott C; 01-18-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2020, 08:27 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter99 View Post
just putting the finishing touches on the 2020 lund 1975 pro v that I am ordering
looking for some opinions on a few items

3. prop on a 225 mercury pro xs , a 19P tempest is really the only prop that there seems to be any performance reports on but is anybody running anything else they are happy with

Thanks
Lund tested a lot of Pops, and for 2020... on the 1975 ProV w/ 225 Merc Pro XS ... they recommend a 17 Inertia. These new engines have different gearing.

-Back when the 225 was a supercharged Verado with a different gear ratio than theses new non supercharged 225s the go-to prop was that 19 Tempest.

On the trailer choice.Being a Montana guy, I would recommend ...if you go on gravel roads regularly ..I would vote for the Galvanized.

Last edited by T Mac; 01-19-2020 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:32 PM
Wallhanger

My Polar Kraft has what they called Tundra coating on the trailer which I’m sure is the same as Lundguard. In 5 years no chips, wear or any rust. One problem is it holds the dirt. One launch has a lot of dirty clay type water coming down the creek. I have to hand wash / power wash the trailer so it looks black again, but I would get it again. When I don’t use that launch it stays clean.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra