Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Lowrance unit coming? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-20-2020, 06:51 AM
Slot Fish

Default New Lowrance unit coming?

I was told by a Cabelas outfitter that Lowrance was updating or possibly replacing the Elite Ti2 units. Does anyone have any info on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2020, 07:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by closedloop View Post
I was told by a Cabelas outfitter that Lowrance was updating or possibly replacing the Elite Ti2 units. Does anyone have any info on this?
That is interesting, considering they just released them last year?
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Old 08-20-2020, 07:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker525 View Post
That is interesting, considering they just released them last year?
The TI2 came out in 2018 if memory serves.

I've heard the same rumblings. It'll be interesting to see what they come out with and what technology they include on the new TI. They're already pretty close in capability to the Lives, and with a couple tweaks, they'd be really hard to overlook when it comes to bang for the buck.

There should also be some REALLY good deals to be had on the TI2s in the coming days if it's true.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2020, 06:47 AM
Keeper

Looking at things, it seems Lowrance goes in ~2 year cycles, so they would be due to come out with new graphs to replace both the HDS Lives and the TI2 units. I'm guessing we will hear something in the October timeframe if COVID hasn't messed up there usual timelines.
Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
Lowrance Point 1
Standard Horizon GX2350S
Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna
Old 08-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Software Guy

Default Lowrance RSX

You are correct, the new units will be coming out soon. Several big changes will be announced with this new line.

They are going to be powered by the RSX "super" microprocessor. This processor will be approximately twice as fast as the old technology.

The menu design will be greatly simplified and over 150 options and settings will be eliminated. Only the 6 most critical functions for each area (2D, DI, SI and GPS) will be retained.

The software will be the new "single" version and will not require or accept software updates.

The price will be reduced by almost 50%.

Finally, since Lowrance has no technical support or customer service structure, these units will be non supported and carry zero warranty.

if the unit or software fails, they will simply be thrown away. In testing, average life is about 6 months.

I can't wait to get mine!
Old 08-25-2020, 09:57 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
You are correct, the new units will be coming out soon. Several big changes will be announced with this new line.

They are going to be powered by the RSX "super" microprocessor. This processor will be approximately twice as fast as the old technology.

The menu design will be greatly simplified and over 150 options and settings will be eliminated. Only the 6 most critical functions for each area (2D, DI, SI and GPS) will be retained.

The software will be the new "single" version and will not require or accept software updates.

The price will be reduced by almost 50%.

Finally, since Lowrance has no technical support or customer service structure, these units will be non supported and carry zero warranty.

if the unit or software fails, they will simply be thrown away. In testing, average life is about 6 months.

I can't wait to get mine!

LMAO! This is funny stuff.