Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2019 Ranger Reata 1850 - Looking for info on Quality since BPS - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-24-2018, 10:47 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
I ordered a 2080 ms in September. This is my fourth ranger and coming from a 2015 Reata 1850. The 1850 is a great boat and we really enjoyed it as well as all of our rangers. They all had a couple of little issues but nothing from stopping me from another ranger. Dealer/ ranger took care of the issues on my schedule.
Not sure off your style of fishing, but I saw the rod rack in a floor model and knew I wouldn’t have one before I climbed into the boat. Anything, especially rods sticking up in front of the Livewell would be a pain to get into the Livewell while fishing. With all the slot limits these days we are constantly measuring fish and the tape is under the lid so I want easy access to the well. Besides the rod locker, there is two flush mount holders in the aft as well as using the holders on the rail to transport rods. If anything one could put a seat base rod holder up in that rear rod seat base.
Last note, ranger still has the best warranty in the business for the “first” owner of their boats. If it fits your budget, go for it! Just make sure you buy from a good dealer, the mpls. area has both!

BCLII - Thank you - I was thinking about the rod holder being in the way of moving around in the boat and wasn't even considering the livewell functionality. I will save the $300+

Which dealers do you prefer? Maybe I'll send you a direct msg.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2018, 03:45 AM
Minnow

I’m taking it the spearing waves issue while trolling was resolved by now?
2019 Suzuki 9.9HP EFI High thrust
2019 Hummingbird Electronics Helix 9 and 8 MEGA
2019 80LB Ulterra
Old 11-25-2018, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunder2 View Post
It was resolved by me many years ago, as always, skill of the operator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Frankies in Chisago City is a very good dealer.

Also Skeeter Boat Center in Eau Claire Wisconsin is now a Ranger dealer. They have done a excellent job with Skeeter & Warrior and I would expect them to be very good with Ranger also.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:57 AM
Wallhanger

Also Skeeter Boat Center in Eau Claire Wisconsin is now a Ranger dealer. They have done a excellent job with Skeeter & Warrior and I would expect them to be very good with Ranger also.[/QUOTE]

Yes, SBC good people to work with!
Old 11-25-2018, 10:25 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Frankies in Chisago City is a very good dealer.

Also Skeeter Boat Center in Eau Claire Wisconsin is now a Ranger dealer. They have done a excellent job with Skeeter & Warrior and I would expect them to be very good with Ranger also.

And 2% tax savings on boats in WI. May be negated by the drive, but good to consider! Thanks!
Old 11-25-2018, 01:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cittigirl View Post
And 2% tax savings on boats in WI. May be negated by the drive, but good to consider! Thanks!
You will pay MN tax, if licensing here in MN.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:18 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunder2 View Post
The spearing wave issue is still a problem while trolling, at least it was with my 2017 and 2018 1880. Not sure how this can be a operator error when using a kicker. I mainly fished Green Bay where the waves can be tall and close together. This type of wave will result in waves coming over the front deck and washing back onto your feet. Sure you can troll with the waves to minimize this but sometimes the fish are biting better going against the waves/current. Anyone who says this doesn't happen to them in their 1880 is lying or do not fish big water. I never had an issue spearing waves when using main motor while on plane.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:57 AM
Minnow

I have a 2017 1880MS and I love the vertical rod rack. With the in-floor storage of the Reatta, I think that you might really appreciate it.

As far as spearing waves on lake Michigan, if it's that rough (2 feet+), I'm coming in!
Old 11-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkrum View Post
I have a 2017 1880MS and I love the vertical rod rack. With the in-floor storage of the Reatta, I think that you might really appreciate it.

As far as spearing waves on lake Michigan, if it's that rough (2 feet+), I'm coming in!
Yes, spearing waves depends on what conditions you fish in but if you won't fish in 2-4' waves, you will rarely fish waters such as Green Bay or Lake Michigan, especially in Fall time. Two weeks ago I fished Washington Island area for 3 days. Had below freezing temps for most of the time along with some snow and of course wind. Waves were anywhere from 1'-5' where we fished. If I still had my 1880 for this trip, I would have had water over the bow many times and even worse the water would have made the front deck and cockpit floor a skating rink. The front storage hatches would have also frozen shut with no chance to thaw since we were staying at a hotel and night temps were around 20-25F. I don't want to argue this point further but just be aware you will get water splashing over the front at times when trolling or standing on the front deck casting in large waves.

Tags
defects , flaws , production , quality , ranger