Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New Technology - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 11-11-2021, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Christmas isn't Christmas if you know what you are getting ahead of time.

Robots replace us in all aspects of life, now they are replacing our pleasure and satisfaction of learning how to fish?

I usually embrace tech, but now enough is enough.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2021, 03:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
Christmas isn't Christmas if you know what you are getting ahead of time.

Robots replace us in all aspects of life, now they are replacing our pleasure and satisfaction of learning how to fish?

I usually embrace tech, but now enough is enough.

Pooch
could not be put any better...pooch
Old 11-12-2021, 11:45 AM
Wallhanger

If I ice fished more. Live scope type systems would be great. It would keep my excitement up. I do get a little bored jigging out on the ice. In my boat I agree with others. If I am casting or jigging. I really do not like spending to much time looking at a graph. Trolling I will look at the graph allot. With the sponsorship money it will not happen. But I would really like if pro level tournaments would ban the live scope type systems. They are pros. Should be able to catch allot of fish anyways. Plus make it a little more fair. About the pros fishing skills. Not how good they are about reading a graph.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2021, 08:05 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPKyllo View Post
I totally agree Gary but unfortunately, the genie has been let out of the bottle.
For sure KP.
And as others have stated, I'm not out there to play a video game.
For me, getting out there with my friends and/or my big goofy Lab are what its all about.
Whatever floats your boat. Unfortunately, some have yet to figure that out. As well, what that is changes with time and circumstances.
Old 12-11-2021, 08:29 PM
Minnow

Yup....enough is enough...so, i ordered mega live, solix12 and 15...couldn't beat em,so, i am joining em..lol

99.9% Catch Release

2019 alumacraft 205 competitor sport
Evinrude ETEC 250 ho G2
Evinrude ETEC 15 ho
Minnkota Terrova 36v 112lb
Humminbird Solix 12 gen2
Humminbird Solix 15 gen3
Humminbird Mega Live

Last edited by ragz; 12-11-2021 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:11 AM
Wallhanger

This thread sounds like discussions in the 60's about Carl Lowrance's little green box. "Going to ruin fishing forever" as well as "Do things the old fashioned way". etc. Most of the new tech requires reading and learning. Many don't want to spend the time and don't pose a threat to hurting fish populations with any tech. Pro fishing is a profession
with sponsors and real money. It has little to do with their actual fishing ability. It is about being a salesman for the industry. If you win a time or two you get more money. To some of us it is a pastime and we can get into tech or not.
It is not a political football to me. Just something I like to do. Fish whatever way you want as long as you follow the rules. JMO Bob
Old 12-13-2021, 06:44 AM
Wallhanger

I installed a DI transducer on my trolling motor for Crappie fishing down here. Does it make me a better fisherman/increase my catch, that has yet to be determined. For Christmas I got a Elite Ti2, with the 3+1 transducer, The Side Scan part really won't be tested until this coming spring when I hit CHL & DHL in Tn. If the fish aren't biting, nothing you have on the boat is going to change that.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:23 PM
Keeper

Default Technology

How many people screamed bloody murder " Your gonna destroy fishing " when Lowrance Green Box came out in 1960 ? Plenty ! Then THE GREAT DEBATE Long Bow versus Recurve ,then recurve versus Jennings compound , then 80 percent let off compounds , OMG its the end of hunting . Then God forbid Crossbows which are capable shooting accurately out to a 100 yds ?? All i see is sour grapes , the attitude if you are not using what i use you are somehow cheating . It sounds like the people who are against this have an axe to grind against tech , but i bet a dime to a dollar everyone on here is using some form of tech everyday in their lives, like this computer which everyone gets to express their biased or unbiased opinions on .
Old 12-13-2021, 08:26 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
This thread sounds like discussions in the 60's about Carl Lowrance's little green box. "Going to ruin fishing forever" as well as "Do things the old fashioned way". etc. Most of the new tech requires reading and learning. Many don't want to spend the time and don't pose a threat to hurting fish populations with any tech. Pro fishing is a profession
with sponsors and real money. It has little to do with their actual fishing ability. It is about being a salesman for the industry. If you win a time or two you get more money. To some of us it is a pastime and we can get into tech or not.
It is not a political football to me. Just something I like to do. Fish whatever way you want as long as you follow the rules. JMO Bob
100 PERCENT agree !
Old 12-15-2021, 02:21 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Aluma View Post
How many people screamed bloody murder " Your gonna destroy fishing " when Lowrance Green Box came out in 1960 ? Plenty ! Then THE GREAT DEBATE Long Bow versus Recurve ,then recurve versus Jennings compound , then 80 percent let off compounds , OMG its the end of hunting . Then God forbid Crossbows which are capable shooting accurately out to a 100 yds ?? All i see is sour grapes , the attitude if you are not using what i use you are somehow cheating . It sounds like the people who are against this have an axe to grind against tech , but i bet a dime to a dollar everyone on here is using some form of tech everyday in their lives, like this computer which everyone gets to express their biased or unbiased opinions on .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Aluma View Post
100 PERCENT agree !

I firmly believe that this tech helps the new fisherman, it should help in finding fish, then learning techniques to getting bites and also to learn if a lure is working and maybe when its time to change, i find it frustrating when you try different things...but really dont know if any fish are there
to begin with... also not 20 and dont have a life time to figure this out , again 99 percent catch release ,love the sport but am late getting into it!

2019 alumacraft 205 competitor sport
Evinrude ETEC 250 ho G2
Evinrude ETEC 15 ho
Minnkota Terrova 36v 112lb
Humminbird Solix 12 gen2
Humminbird Solix 15 gen3
Humminbird Mega Live

Last edited by ragz; 12-15-2021 at 02:27 PM.