Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dodge Cummins help please - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2020, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Update:

Tossed the charger on it for 5 minutes and it popped right off. Will get the batteries checked out and replaced.

Thanks for the help.
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Wallhanger

I know my 2012 CTD is a different beast than a 2014, but batteries just don’t seem to last as long in these trucks. My prior truck was a 2003 sold in 2011 for this truck. It was on its original batteries. My 2012 has already needed batteries twice
Old 12-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Everybody knows we need to coddle Bobby and his ego. He NEEDS to attack to get the post counts. I mean without attacks he would be reduced to what? See the problem?

No, Bobby is like the second grade class clown. He needs to draw the attention to make himself feel relevant. What he has never caught onto is, most here are adult and see right through him.

So no, let Bobby boy be Bobby. The adults will work around him and occasionally toss him a bone to chew on.
I understand. It just gets old. Regardless of the topic he manages to take a shot at anything that is different than what he agrees with. He single handedly sidetracks more threads than actual constructive contributions. I realize I'm doing that now but maybe that proves my point.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGPopp View Post
I understand. It just gets old. Regardless of the topic he manages to take a shot at anything that is different than what he agrees with. He single handedly sidetracks more threads than actual constructive contributions. I realize I'm doing that now but maybe that proves my point.

I understand where you are coming from. It does get old. But it's his ego and need to feel important. The post count makes him feel good, like he has done something. It's his ego that has him spouting off about all HIS STUFF being the best brand. He is a guy who wouldn't admit a mistake if his life depended on it. I'm not making that up to hurt him either, it's plain to see for anybody who can read and understand English. There are times he contributes but it seems he always has to toss a little something in thats not required.

A while back I got the boot for 90 days for not conforming. Thats what the note said anyway. My guess was somebody (guess who?) complained when I took a well deserved shot at him. My thinking was rather then boot me only they could have booted us both. But it doesn't work that way I guess. I would guess my time here is running out again because i'm not afraid to call a spade a spade or in this case a fraud a fraud.

For clarity.....I'm not the easiest guy to get along with and I realize it. But I don't intentionally bomb threads just to feel good or add to a post count.

We will know soon enough where the value lies.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Seen a few of that guys videos before not impressed. I dont care what anybody drives we all have good and bad experiences and different likes and dislikes but dont see where posting a video of some so called expert bad mouthing the brand you drive helps solve the ops problem. On my second Ram truck and love it 2012 3500 DSl dually mega cab yes it has been in the shop but does everything i ask it to do and will continue to do so for many years to come. My key fob is 8 years old and just put a new battery in it last year just for piece of mind not because it needed it.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcoop52 View Post
Seen a few of that guys videos before not impressed. I dont care what anybody drives we all have good and bad experiences and different likes and dislikes but dont see where posting a video of some so called expert bad mouthing the brand you drive helps solve the ops problem. On my second Ram truck and love it 2012 3500 DSl dually mega cab yes it has been in the shop but does everything i ask it to do and will continue to do so for many years to come. My key fob is 8 years old and just put a new battery in it last year just for piece of mind not because it needed it.
i've never got more than 30 seconds into any of his videos and then the "ufffff, that's enough for me".
Old 12-02-2020, 03:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Scotty.....tell us how you really feel about Chrysler products,
Old 12-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
I understand where you are coming from. It does get old. But it's his ego and need to feel important. The post count makes him feel good, like he has done something. It's his ego that has him spouting off about all HIS STUFF being the best brand. He is a guy who wouldn't admit a mistake if his life depended on it. I'm not making that up to hurt him either, it's plain to see for anybody who can read and understand English. There are times he contributes but it seems he always has to toss a little something in thats not required.

A while back I got the boot for 90 days for not conforming. Thats what the note said anyway. My guess was somebody (guess who?) complained when I took a well deserved shot at him. My thinking was rather then boot me only they could have booted us both. But it doesn't work that way I guess. I would guess my time here is running out again because i'm not afraid to call a spade a spade or in this case a fraud a fraud.

For clarity.....I'm not the easiest guy to get along with and I realize it. But I don't intentionally bomb threads just to feel good or add to a post count.

We will know soon enough where the value lies.
Come on now. Give Bobby a break. He is a all-in fanboi for a truck that can’t even manage to gain 10% market share. A truck that is so dated and irrelevant that it never even finds its way into any of the new truck comparisons.

You have to feel for a guy that has put himself “all in” on a truck like that......
Old 12-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post
Come on now. Give Bobby a break. He is a all-in fanboi for a truck that can’t even manage to gain 10% market share. A truck that is so dated and irrelevant that it never even finds its way into any of the new truck comparisons.

You have to feel for a guy that has put himself “all in” on a truck like that......
I just bought one of those trucks lol! I really, really like it. It didn't break the bank, doesn't have a bunch of stuff on it I'll never use, is different than my last truck (I was getting sick of my RAM. I know, that has nothing to do with it's performance compared to the Tundra. My RAM was a pretty good truck, and until it started nickel and diming me, I really liked it) There are a few other reasons, too. But I'll keep those to myself

I felt like mine was a very good deal. It had all the stuff on it that I would have added (spray in, bars for mama, bakflip, and tinted glass), and at a max towing of 10,200lbs, will do anything I PERSONALLY need a truck to do (my boat is somewhere between 5500 - 6k lbs, my landscape trailer is about 4K lbs, and I use a trailer instead of maxing out its lower payload of 1600 lbs (I think??) for hauling landscape rock and mulch) ....... and hopefully the benefits of not having to take it to the shop as much as my last truck that cost 12K more, over 5 years ago, outweighs the extra coinage at the pump. My 2015 RAM specs are not apples to apples in terms of the Tundra specs. I realize that.

Thought I saw a Ford could tow about 13,600 lbs, and could haul something like 3600 lbs in the back end??? That's impressive, no doubt!! But I have zero need for those kinds of specs. If I ever do, I'll trade my Tundra for whatever is necessary - but I am doubtful I'll need such a truck. I know in the past, I have had a small problem with over buying when it came to my trucks/boats - I'd research, compare and contrast, test drive, etc. and talk myself into "needing" the one with WAY more stuff than I actually needed. I know it's definitely not for everyone, but for me, backing off on many of the things I don't need, has been refreshing. Certainly not selling anyone on the Tundra - I've read all the posts over the years and realize I'm in the minority. Also, I'm now 50, and am getting over a couple sobering slaps of reality this life has dealt me and our family, and I don't care what anyone thinks about which truck I buy at this point lol (well, except mama)

Last edited by Derwood; 12-03-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-03-2020, 02:44 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
I just bought one of those trucks lol! I really, really like it. It didn't break the bank, doesn't have a bunch of stuff on it I'll never use, is different than my last truck (I was getting sick of my RAM. I know, that has nothing to do with it's performance compared to the Tundra. My RAM was a pretty good truck, and until it started nickel and diming me, I really liked it) There are a few other reasons, too. But I'll keep those to myself

I felt like mine was a very good deal. It had all the stuff on it that I would have added (spray in, bars for mama, bakflip, and tinted glass), and at a max towing of 10,200lbs, will do anything I PERSONALLY need a truck to do (my boat is somewhere between 5500 - 6k lbs, my landscape trailer is about 4K lbs, and I use a trailer instead of maxing out its lower payload of 1600 lbs (I think??) for hauling landscape rock and mulch) ....... and hopefully the benefits of not having to take it to the shop as much as my last truck that cost 12K more, over 5 years ago, outweighs the extra coinage at the pump. My 2015 RAM specs are not apples to apples in terms of the Tundra specs. I realize that.

Thought I saw a Ford could tow about 13,600 lbs, and could haul something like 3600 lbs in the back end??? That's impressive, no doubt!! But I have zero need for those kinds of specs. If I ever do, I'll trade my Tundra for whatever is necessary - but I am doubtful I'll need such a truck. I know in the past, I have had a small problem with over buying when it came to my trucks/boats - I'd research, compare and contrast, test drive, etc. and talk myself into "needing" the one with WAY more stuff than I actually needed. I know it's definitely not for everyone, but for me, backing off on many of the things I don't need, has been refreshing. Certainly not selling anyone on the Tundra - I've read all the posts over the years and realize I'm in the minority. Also, I'm now 50, and am getting over a couple sobering slaps of reality this life has dealt me and our family, and I don't care what anyone thinks about which truck I buy at this point lol (well, except mama)
Welcome to the "Dark Side". You will be well rewarded. Those Nickle and Dime things you refer to will be diminished, I assure you. There are plenty of Ford, Ram, Chevy and GMC fanboys on this site, they just refuse to admit it. But you already know as many others have found, that in the domestic race to be the best truck on the market, with lots of fancy bells and whistles, they have abandoned the thought of building a truck that will not cost it's owner far more than expected in down the road cost, time and inconvenience.