Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dodge Cummins help please - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-05-2020, 05:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
I just bought one of those trucks lol! I really, really like it. It didn't break the bank, doesn't have a bunch of stuff on it I'll never use, is different than my last truck (I was getting sick of my RAM. I know, that has nothing to do with it's performance compared to the Tundra. My RAM was a pretty good truck, and until it started nickel and diming me, I really liked it) There are a few other reasons, too. But I'll keep those to myself

I felt like mine was a very good deal. It had all the stuff on it that I would have added (spray in, bars for mama, bakflip, and tinted glass), and at a max towing of 10,200lbs, will do anything I PERSONALLY need a truck to do (my boat is somewhere between 5500 - 6k lbs, my landscape trailer is about 4K lbs, and I use a trailer instead of maxing out its lower payload of 1600 lbs (I think??) for hauling landscape rock and mulch) ....... and hopefully the benefits of not having to take it to the shop as much as my last truck that cost 12K more, over 5 years ago, outweighs the extra coinage at the pump. My 2015 RAM specs are not apples to apples in terms of the Tundra specs. I realize that.

Thought I saw a Ford could tow about 13,600 lbs, and could haul something like 3600 lbs in the back end??? That's impressive, no doubt!! But I have zero need for those kinds of specs. If I ever do, I'll trade my Tundra for whatever is necessary - but I am doubtful I'll need such a truck. I know in the past, I have had a small problem with over buying when it came to my trucks/boats - I'd research, compare and contrast, test drive, etc. and talk myself into "needing" the one with WAY more stuff than I actually needed. I know it's definitely not for everyone, but for me, backing off on many of the things I don't need, has been refreshing. Certainly not selling anyone on the Tundra - I've read all the posts over the years and realize I'm in the minority. Also, I'm now 50, and am getting over a couple sobering slaps of reality this life has dealt me and our family, and I don't care what anyone thinks about which truck I buy at this point lol (well, except mama)
Deerwood, I see you're a well educated consumer when it comes to buying trucks. Did Scotty's video help in your decision...... now it's just turn the key and go fishing, no more frequent visits to the repair shop in your future. . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5f5RQl5zdQ
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
G O
B I L L S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2020, 04:19 PM
Wallhanger

Scott is kind of a tool lol. But I do like my a Toyota !
Old 12-06-2020, 07:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwood View Post
Scott is kind of a tool lol. But I do like my a Toyota !
Scotty is a real Hoot......he loves and hates every vehicle made.....I get a kick out of his videos, but sometimes they are quite helpful. Too bad Minnedota Fats couldnít see past that because Scotty went step by step on how to diagnose/repair his Ram. . . . LOL
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
G O
B I L L S