Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Felony charges for walleye cheaters - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 10-12-2022, 07:30 PM
Wallhanger

Default Felony charges for walleye cheaters

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A grand jury on Wednesday indicted two walleye fishermen who were snagged in a cheating scandal last month after weights were discovered stuffed inside their five winning fish at a Cleveland walleye tournament.

Jacob Runyan, 42, of Ashtabula and Chase Cominsky, 35, of Hermitage, Pennsylvania, each face fifth-degree felony charges of cheating, attempted grand theft and possessing criminal tools. The pair are also charged with unlawful ownership of wild animals, a first-degree misdemeanor.

[url]https://www.mlive.com/news/2022/10/fishermen-caught-in-walleye-cheating-scandal-indicted-on-felony-charges.html[/url]

Old 10-12-2022, 07:58 PM
Keeper

Good!
Old 10-12-2022, 08:01 PM
Wallhanger

i didn't realize there was a "5th degree" felony :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2022, 08:04 PM
Keeper

In Ohio, there are felony’s 1-5, misdemeanor’s 1-4 and minor misdemeanor’s.
9.9 EFI Tiller
Helix 9 MSI G4N
Helix 7 MDI G3N
Old 10-12-2022, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=Yellowfin123;6691560]i didn't realize there was a "5th degree" felony :)[/QUOTE]

I this case, the degree of felony on most charges depends on the amount of $$$ involved.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:30 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I've followed this pretty closely.

If they don't go to jail I see both of them moving far out of state where they wouldn't be known. Maybe do a little guiding somewhere. Maybe Alaska would be far enough away they wouldn't be known. By all accounts they both are good anglers...just not good people.

I also see a divorce in their future. You can lie to them, cheat on them, beat on them but you can't embarrass them and drag their name through the mud. Wives won't tolerate that. So, after everything is over they will end up broke, alone and with a criminal record. All because of trying to win a Walleye Tournament or 10. I don't think they thought things through very well.

Karma is a ***** boys.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:58 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=That Minnesota guy;6691572]I've followed this pretty closely.

If they don't go to jail I see both of them moving far out of state where they wouldn't be known. Maybe do a little guiding somewhere. Maybe Alaska would be far enough away they wouldn't be known. By all accounts they both are good anglers...just not good people.

I also see a divorce in their future. You can lie to them, cheat on them, beat on them but you can't embarrass them and drag their name through the mud. Wives won't tolerate that. So, after everything is over they will end up broke, alone and with a criminal record. All because of trying to win a Walleye Tournament or 10. I don't think they thought things through very well.

Karma is a ***** boys.[/QUOTE]

Im from Alaska, I have a lot of friends there, they know about these guys so they can scratch Alaska off their list.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:31 AM
Wallhanger

And i have a buddy in Japan that is well aware of it. As i mentioned before, i hope they don't have children

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 10-13-2022, 04:47 AM
Wallhanger

Doe's this mean they won't be getting the confiscated boat back in the said cheating scandal ?
Old 10-13-2022, 05:36 AM
Wallhanger

the way I look at is I feel sorry for their families even though the wife and kids were bamboozled by the cheaters they still prospered from all the times they cheated to win money in other tournaments. the wife parents and kids will suffer for some time to come. what they really should do is move someplace where they can make a living and then have all their names changed legally so no one knows who they are.

as for the cheaters I have no compassion for them at all. they did the crime and got caught red handed so now let them do the time.