Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
I pilot link - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 12-02-2021, 03:32 PM
Minnow

Default I pilot link

Hello Iím wondering if the I pilot link is worth the extra money over the regular I pilot I was looking for opinions from people that have run both ??
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2021, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerner1212 View Post
Hello Iím wondering if the I pilot link is worth the extra money over the regular I pilot I was looking for opinions from people that have run both ??
Thanks
Iíve not run both but I do have i-Pilot link and I wouldnít want to be without it. Itís simple to use, set a course and fish while the TM drives the boat. Itís worth the cost.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:15 PM
Wallhanger

I like link showing up on the Humminbird. You can set a course over rocks or a previously found way point.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2021, 09:41 PM
Wallhanger

For me, link is seeing all that is there. without link all the stuff is in your minds eye. Follow the contour is great in some situations. Being able to see the area on the map with waypoints is the price you pay without link. JMO Bob
Old 12-02-2021, 09:41 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Mag View Post
Iíve not run both but I do have i-Pilot link and I wouldnít want to be without it. Itís simple to use, set a course and fish while the TM drives the boat. Itís worth the cost.
This x2
Old 12-03-2021, 07:14 AM
Wallhanger

I troll cranks almost all the time if I can catch walleyes doing it and started using i-Pilot Link "follow the contour" this spring while trolling. There is a small learning curve and it only works on lakes mapped in HD or lakes that have been mapped with AutoChart Live but it's been a game changer for me.
My Pro Kicker pushes my boat and my Ulterra steers it using i-Pilot Link "follow the contour" and it's great never having to correct course after netting a fish or attending to lines, etc.. Other than speed corrections, it does all the driving for me. I can't begin to describe how much I like it.

There are other features on iPilot Link also that I haven't used alot yet but for me it was definitely worth it for "follow the contour" alone.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:17 AM
Keeper

If you can afford it I would say get it. I don't have to concentrate so hard on staying on course if I'm following a contour and that allows me to pay more attention to fishing and keeping an eye on the sidescan. I can also drop the motor and roll up to a waypoint and lock on it while I'm setting up my rod.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Wallhanger

if ya want to mark a spot and then tell the TM to "go to" it, its money. manually that task is trickier because of satellite lag. having the TM and graphs integrated is great