Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Looking for feedback on EGO nets - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 04-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Minnow

Default Looking for feedback on EGO nets

I'm looking for a new net and considering the ECO S2 Slider. Seems to address the problem of taking less space when you aren't using it with the ability to extend when landing a fish. Trying to decide on mesh style: PVC coated or Rubber. Recommendations on basket size and handle length? Would also be good to hear if anyone has one and it didn't work well.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Minnow

They fall apart. Definitely not the best $100 I ever spent.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:10 PM
Wallhanger

I've got the 48''-108'' coated nylon and love it. All the guys who have fished out of my boat have commented on how much they like it too. It's going on year 3 and no problems so far and that includes a couple of trips dealing with Lake Erie's pigs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2018, 07:29 PM
Keeper

bought one, had it replaced twice under warranty, tossed it in the garbage and bought a real net.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:38 PM
Wallhanger

Have 2 both are the longest ones they make and haven’t had any trouble with either for my lakers, landlocks and walleye fishing. Don’t use them for kings. They’re my favorite net I have ever used. If I break one tomorrow I’ll buy another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Charter Member

Have one with the rubber net, works well for walleyes, wouldn't want to net a 20 lb pike with it, tho.

Bill
Old 04-23-2018, 05:45 AM
Wallhanger

im like some others i wouldn't want to use it for big kings or large pike and musky but for all normal fish i would never stop using mine. for lake erie's central basin hogs mine works great. i have the 48x108 handle with the large 27x30 net that I've been using for a few yrs now. i was using frabil tru trax nets before i tried the ego and now i have 2 ego nets, one for use and one as a back up. the first ego s1 was pretty much junk but the s2 is a much better net.

i love just pushing a button and sliding the handle out as far as i want up to 108". nothing to align up just push the button. i do retract the handle before landing my fish because a 108' handle is just to much handle to move around in my boat.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by last chance View Post
im like some others i wouldn't want to use it for big kings or large pike and musky but for all normal fish i would never stop using mine. for lake erie's central basin hogs mine works great. i have the 48x108 handle with the large 27x30 net that I've been using for a few yrs now. i was using frabil tru trax nets before i tried the ego and now i have 2 ego nets, one for use and one as a back up. the first ego s1 was pretty much junk but the s2 is a much better net.

i love just pushing a button and sliding the handle out as far as i want up to 108". nothing to align up just push the button. i do retract the handle before landing my fish because a 108' handle is just to much handle to move around in my boat.
X2, have the same net. It is a great walleye net.

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 04-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Wallhanger

Buy an RS Nets net and you will never need to buy another one.

Built like a brick crap house, coated netting so you don't have to dig hooks out of it, and full customization, meaning model, color of netting, color of handle, length and netting hole size.
NPAA #803
Old 04-23-2018, 09:03 PM
Keeper

I'm on my 2nd one with the rubber mesh basket. I had the first one for 2 years until it was left at a fish cleaning station and have had the 2nd for a year. Only issues I've had so far was a little grit in the first one after using it to push off a sand bar (wd40 fixed that) and then the lock slid off the fixed end on the 2nd. Put some super glue under it so we'll see how that holds up. I really like how easy they are to store and will get another as long as this one makes it a few years.

Jared

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk