Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
YouTube TV - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-02-2021, 06:42 PM
Minnow

I've had YouTube TV for about a year and a half and like their lineup. I switched over from Dish satellite when they hiked their price for the 4th year in a row. I compared the lineups and YouTube had more science and nature shows along with the financial programs and news I prefer for a cheaper price. Local channels are included in the base price while they were $10 extra from Dish. Dish was charging me over $70 a month and right now I pay $65 for YouTube. I have an HDMI cord running from my computer to the big screen TV and contrrol everything from the WiFi connected computer using my mouse. Sometimes the HDMI cord is a little unhandy running across the living room floor but it's a minor complaint. My biggest complaint is the program guide YouTube uses. It's not the most intuitive and is harder to use than the Dish guide was but you get used to it. Be sure you compare the program lineup before you buy. Some program providers have cheap basic plans but they don't have the programs you like and you have to pay extra for packages with the programs you want and by the time you have the programs you want you have a big bill that includes a lot of programs you will never watch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2021, 08:52 AM
Minnow

Default YouTube + Roku

Had it for over 3 years now. Love it. Paired it with a Roku box, which is awesome.

Best feature of Youtube is unlimited Recording space. You can set any program to record, then watch that program anytime. There is NO limit on the amount of programs you can record or storage space. That means you are never tied in by the air time of a program, and if you have 2+ things on at the same time, you can record and watch the other one later. When you record the programs, you can also then fast forward thru commercial on most of them (or crappy news segments, etc). You would not believe how short some of the shows are when you can skip all the crap. You can watch every play in a NFL game in less than 30 minutes.

With the Roku box, we will alternate between HBO, Showtime, Netflix, Disney+, etc when they have specials, watch what we want, cancel and move on to the next special offer.

Last edited by Coach Rob; 12-03-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:36 PM
Wallhanger

You guys should really look into iptv. 50 bucks for the year, over 9000 channels. All ppv ,events, movie channels. Pair that up with Cinema apk( free) and Real debrid( private server access, 18 dollars every 6 months) and you're golden.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Lowrance Carbon 16
Lowrance HDS Carbon 12
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3in1 and HDI
Airmar tm150
2 84" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2021, 08:33 PM
Wallhanger

I have had youtube TV for a few years. It is pretty good. I have another service that streams about 4000 channels but doesn't have a dvr service. We only have the youtube tv for the dvr service since there are a bunch of shows we watch. I actually like the fact that I can watch a ton of movies on youtube tv. If I didn't have the other live tv service I certainly wouldn't be upset with only having youtube tv.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:58 PM
Wallhanger

No issues with YouTubeTv, more so with the firestick remote.

It makes it difficult to switch between channels (say watching two different football games) as you have to scroll through the menu every time.

There is no last channel button and the when you go to menu, it always starts at the beginning, not the channel you are on.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfish View Post
No issues with YouTubeTv, more so with the firestick remote.

It makes it difficult to switch between channels (say watching two different football games) as you have to scroll through the menu every time.

There is no last channel button and the when you go to menu, it always starts at the beginning, not the channel you are on.
I don't know if Firestick works the same but with my ROKU if you arrow down twice while watching a show you can go back to any of the last 3 channels you've watched. It would be nice if there was a last channel button.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:38 AM
Wallhanger

Guys, I really appreciate all the feedback and tips provided thus far.

Thanks...
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor
Old 12-05-2021, 04:58 PM
Keeper

I have had YT TV for around 2 years now. It seems to be the best for me for a couple of reasons. 1) Probably the best sports lineup including some of the dedicated sports channels that cost $$ on other systems; 2) all our local channels including PBS; 3) does not tie you to one locality so I can watch it at home and at the lake and in my RV.

I looked at switching a couple of months ago when they thought they were going to lose NBC/USA network which my son insisted we keep for his wrestling. Nothing came close - and nothing else offered NBC either.

Not cheap like it was when we signed up but still the best.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:08 AM
Minnow

YouTube TV starts at $64.99 per month, but first-time subscribers can try out the service for up to seven days at no cost. Although YouTube TV's price has increased over the years, the subscription rate is still competitive with other live TV streaming services, whose prices have also increased over time.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:47 AM
Minnow

If you're a T-Mobile or Frontier customer, you can sign up and get $10.00 off per month for a year. Just signed up a couple days ago!