Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2022 All Canada Shows Cancelled - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-30-2021, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
May it rest in peace.
This isn't going to be the end of these shows. All Canada will be back next year (assuming everything keeps trending positively).

Basically, many resorts have opted not to go to the shows this year, because most have a large number of guests already on the books (from 2 years of back log). There is not a lot of incentive to do shows this year, and there is a lot of incentive for resorts to save money. SO... they simply had too many resorts back out to justify the show.

It'll be back and busy in 2023.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2021, 04:25 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
This isn't going to be the end of these shows. All Canada will be back next year (assuming everything keeps trending positively).

Basically, many resorts have opted not to go to the shows this year, because most have a large number of guests already on the books (from 2 years of back log). There is not a lot of incentive to do shows this year, and there is a lot of incentive for resorts to save money. SO... they simply had too many resorts back out to justify the show.

Obabikon, this is what I've heard from a couple of lodges. I will miss working the Chicago show in The Birch Dale Booth this year and expect the show to return next year.
Old 11-30-2021, 04:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post

I'm not so sure. It's a pile of dough they spend for these shows as you know. It's a year after year expense for some. I think I would rather spend $5k for a web site build with drone footage that would last several years instead of this steady parade to the shows.

Have you found out much they raised the price of the booth space at the Northwest Sports Show in Mpls this year? That will be a pretty good barometer of how much more these shows will cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2021, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
I'm not so sure. It's a pile of dough they spend for these shows as you know. It's a year after year expense for some. I think I would rather spend $5k for a web site build with drone footage that would last several years instead of this steady parade to the shows.

Have you found out much they raised the price of the booth space at the Northwest Sports Show in Mpls this year? That will be a pretty good barometer of how much more these shows will cost.

Everything is going up in costs. Most lodge owners were kept in the loop with the evolvement in canceling the 2022 all canada show. I'm 100% confident that they intend to be back next year, and many resorts plan on exhibiting in 2023 (that had told them they would be passing on 2022).
Old 11-30-2021, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

As far as the Minneapolis show goes... we paid for the 2020 show that we were not allowed to do. That was rolled over to 2021 and eventually 2022.

I don't know what the cost change will be eventually, but everyone is simply trying to get by.
Old 11-30-2021, 08:20 PM
Minnow

Default This Sucks!

This sucks! We love going to the show every year and consider it our winter trip to Canada. Two years in a row of missing out on it really hurts.
Old 12-01-2021, 06:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Most camps have the roll overs coming this year.So why go blow a bunch of money that most dont have when they should be pretty busy.Make some money and do the shows next year.Hopefully there guests will be vaccinated and have no problems getting into Canada.I personally know a few guests of mine that will not get the shots and will not be coming.
Unfortunately, for your business and the outfitter’s business, there will be customers lost due to their desire to not be vaccinated. I guess one could look at the business attrition as a detriment or an opportunity for future business growth. I would like to think that new customers will bolster both business segments for the long term; in repeat business since there will be some openings now vs. being difficult to get into the pecking order for popular lodges and guide services in the past.

PjShorthorn
Old 12-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prov1800 View Post
Most camps have the roll overs coming this year.So why go blow a bunch of money that most dont have when they should be pretty busy.Make some money and do the shows next year.Hopefully there guests will be vaccinated and have no problems getting into Canada.I personally know a few guests of mine that will not get the shots and will not be coming.
Unfortunately, for your business and the outfitter’s business, there will be customers lost due to their desire to not be vaccinated. I guess one could look at the business attrition as a detriment or an opportunity for future business growth. I would like to think that new customers will bolster both business segments for the long term; in repeat business since there will be some openings now vs. being difficult to get into the pecking order for popular lodges and guide services in the past.

PjShorthorn [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/rock-on.gif[/IMG]
Hope everything keeps going smoothly PJ.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Too bad, used to be a fun time to revisit some old and start new, memories, a sort of like being there during the winter. A camp owner a few years ago told me it cost him $10K for a spot, considering all the total expenses. Times change, and it could be another year of COVID uncertainties, so few camp folks willing to gamble for the return on the investment.

Bill
10K for 1 show or all 3 shows? I have always attended the Chicago show. Never paid attention or looked to see if the vendor list was the same at all of the shows.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete kraft View Post
10K for 1 show or all 3 shows? I have always attended the Chicago show. Never paid attention or looked to see if the vendor list was the same at all of the shows.
The average booth costs between $1000-$2000 for one booth (many resorts have double booths... 2nd one usually comes at a bit of a discount). It varies for electricity and things you rent. Then add $200 per day for food and lodging. Gas and other things like pamphlets and other advertising you give away. Typically an owner pays another person to be there.

We do single booths... but I estimate the 3 shows we do cost around $9000-$10,000 (total). That is assuming my time traveling away from my family is worth $0.

I'm not complaining... I'm just sharing information.