Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Integrity - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-30-2021, 12:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default Integrity

Lincoln Riley bolts for USC.
Brian Kelley bolts for LSU.

Both coaches give the schools or their players ZERO notice. In addition both the schools, USC & LSU slink around the backs of the other schools to poach their coach.

Now with the portal system you will see those same coaches attempt to poach players from their former schools to the new schools.

The old saying "there is no honor among thieves" certainly fits college football.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2021, 01:33 PM
Keeper

Wait until all the assistant coaches get ripped from these staff groups.The coaching carousel this year will be multi storied, go round and round, up and down, and sideways.

I agree about the lack of integrity. These coaches preach team, brotherhood, we are in this together, rah rah rah and then bail on kids that invest in the program. Not a good look!
Old 11-30-2021, 01:48 PM
Wallhanger

it is what it is, its the football life from high school to the pros, everybodys lookin for the next job..
as far as kelly going to lsu i'm not seeing that as a major step up really except being in the sec maybe but riley was probably not thrilled about ok joining the sec, the usc job imo is the best job in america even over bama, the money, livin at the beach, 75 degrees in winter, the socal recruits, do you want to look out your window in oklahoma and see dead trees and brown grass and fat girls or do you want to get outa bed in malibu and look out at palm trees and tanned bikini's in january? i'd be heading west in NY minute for that money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2021, 01:51 PM
Keeper

As a Razorback fan, I gotta say that I really like what Obregon did for LSU's program.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

I think it stinks they need to leave RIGHT NOW. These schools have bowl games coming up and now the players are left hosed. Side note on OK vs CA - Oklahoma 5.7% state income tax VS 13.3% in Newsomland. I know the contracts are huge but that's a large additional chuck to lose.
Ken
Website - https://www.jirehfinancial.com/[/url]
Office (517) 888-0406
Old 11-30-2021, 02:23 PM
Wallhanger

i agree bailing before your bowl game is complete BS!! college is changing, with the transfer portal now and kids getting paid, i'm not gonna feel sorry for the kids anymore.. there are a coaches that truly about their alma mater but those are very very few..
Old 11-30-2021, 02:45 PM
LV guy

"or do you want to get outa bed in malibu and look out at palm trees and tanned bikini's in january?"

When's the last time you were in LA? You're more likely to look out your window and see homeless people and human feces than tanned bikinis. Then you can drive down the street to your local shopping center and watch gangs of looters filling their cars with stolen merchandise. From July 2019 to July 2020 135,000 more people left the state than moved there. You should easily be able to find a place to live as long as you are willing to pay over $800k for an average house. There is nothing that could convince me to live in that cesspool.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV guy View Post
"or do you want to get outa bed in malibu and look out at palm trees and tanned bikini's in january?"

When's the last time you were in LA? You're more likely to look out your window and see homeless people and human feces than tanned bikinis. Then you can drive down the street to your local shopping center and watch gangs of looters filling their cars with stolen merchandise. From July 2019 to July 2020 135,000 more people left the state than moved there. You should easily be able to find a place to live as long as you are willing to pay over $800k for an average house. There is nothing that could convince me to live in that cesspool.
i hear ya but trust me, i lived there for 25 years, on rileys income level theres a million places he can live and never see homeless and gang members.. the people that are running are the 100-200k income level
Old 11-30-2021, 03:10 PM
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV guy View Post

And yet you seem to follow LA like a shadow.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:35 PM
Wallhanger

Consider the coaches. I for one would not be comfortable turning over my Son to either of those 2 coaches to groom and influence for 4 or 5 years.

They tell them what the kids want to hear, sell them on the fact they'll take care of them, and they are out like a fat chick in dodge ball the first chance they get with little regard to their promises made.

I understand leaving to better yourself. But there is a right and wrong way to do that. To me, neither did it the right way.

Loyalty seems to be rare in that business. Being an Iowa fan, for better or worse, it's an issue we haven't dealt with for decades.

Here's a crazy stat. In the last 42 years Iowa's had 2 head football coaches......the rest of the Big Ten has gone through 96.

I know they don't give a rip, but I can't say I wish Riley or Kelly the best of luck.