Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cook - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutting Edge Official View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
I thought this might be of some interest to you !
Here we go again...trying to go back to the sixties when the Kings were an expansion team...I like to stay current.....Vikes 7-4-1 vs Swiss cheese in last 12....2-0 last two....I think we own you lately[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/rock-on.gif[/IMG]
Say your prayers and maybe the pack will have a chance Jan 2nd??

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings.....just telling it like it is!
Hey, its ok. I know the truth hurts. Now go have your mommy tuck you in !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty underpants View Post
We were alive here, on December 23, 2019, when me and the wife braved the hostile confines of Paisley Park to witness a great come from behind Packer victory. It was a valiant effort, you guys going into half with a 1 point lead (don't you count that as a 1/2 win?) The chatter and optimism by the groupies in the stands was almost unbearable.... but alas, Cousins became Cousins, The Pack became The Pack, and well... for the Packers fans leaving victorious it was a slightly eerie exit dodging containers still half full of tatertot hotdish, poutine, and dreams. It was outright dangerous to step off the curb heading to the parking lot, trying to clear the giant river of tears running to the storm drain.

The Pack finished 2-0 that year, and 3-4 when added to 2020 (moving more recent in history) in the series.

But cool... 2 in a row over 2 seasons, and dreams of a third?! What an accomplishment! You could tuff-talk Lovie Smith!
I don't know about poutine...I just know that in the last twelve meetings between the Kings and cheese... for sure the last two....there has been a lot of cheddar pouting!

Go Vikes!!!!!
Old 12-01-2021, 06:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty underpants View Post
We were alive here, on December 23, 2019, when me and the wife braved the hostile confines of Paisley Park to witness a great come from behind Packer victory. It was a valiant effort, you guys going into half with a 1 point lead (don't you count that as a 1/2 win?) The chatter and optimism by the groupies in the stands was almost unbearable.... but alas, Cousins became Cousins, The Pack became The Pack, and well... for the Packers fans leaving victorious it was a slightly eerie exit dodging containers still half full of tatertot hotdish, poutine, and dreams. It was outright dangerous to step off the curb heading to the parking lot, trying to clear the giant river of tears running to the storm drain.

The Pack finished 2-0 that year, and 3-4 when added to 2020 (moving more recent in history) in the series.

But cool... 2 in a row over 2 seasons, and dreams of a third?! What an accomplishment! You could tuff-talk Lovie Smith!
I don't know about poutine...I just know that in the last twelve meetings between the Kings and cheese... for sure the last two....there has been a lot of cheddar pouting!

Go Vikes!!!!![IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/sorry.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/rotfl.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/muahaha.gif[/IMG]
Why dont you just come over to our side ? You'll sleep alot better at nite. With the Queens not ever winning a Superbowl in franchise history I dont know how you can even sleep at nite !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2021, 07:13 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Gosh Wally.....I didn't mean to hurt you by trying to discuss recent history....all right, so tell me about that packers 1929 championship....Gosh they were good....you remember that....gosh!
Old 12-02-2021, 04:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Gosh Wally.....I didn't mean to hurt you by trying to discuss recent history....all right, so tell me about that packers 1929 championship....Gosh they were good....you remember that....gosh!
They were also very good in 1967,1968,1997,2011.........Gosh ! What years were your Queens good .....Gosh !
Old 12-02-2021, 04:55 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
Remember you have until January 2 to come on over to our side ! After that anything goes !
Old 12-02-2021, 07:37 AM
Wallhanger

Back when I used to hunt test labradors there was a saying about sore losers. It was " they carry their guts around in their dogs". I think the same can be said about some football fans.
Since we're on the history thing. Does anyone remember who won the NFL championship the year before the first Superbowl?

Crestliner Sportfish 1750
Johnzuki 115
GMC Sierra
Fish in the box!
Beer on ice.
Old 12-02-2021, 09:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportfish1 View Post
Back when I used to hunt test labradors there was a saying about sore losers. It was " they carry their guts around in their dogs". I think the same can be said about some football fans.
Since we're on the history thing. Does anyone remember who won the NFL championship the year before the first Superbowl?
Does anyone remember who won the very first Superbowl ? 🤣
Old 12-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Wallhanger

No, but I know who has won the most.

New England Patriots: 6 Super Bowl Wins. ...
Pittsburgh Steelers: 6 Super Bowl Wins. ...
San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowl Wins. ...
Dallas Cowboys: 5 Super Bowl wins. .
Old 12-02-2021, 11:11 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Why dont you just come over to our side ? You'll sleep alot better at nite. With the Queens not ever winning a Superbowl in franchise history I dont know how you can even sleep at nite !
I sleep exceptionally well at night......just think of recent Viking vs Packers games and I fall peacefully asleep with a big smile on my face.....you on the other hand, seem to struggle getting a good night's sleep.....waking up at 3:30 or 4:00 am to post something about a subject matter that is crushing you....you know the problem you struggle with...you wonder why your packers can't beat the Kings.....
My advice is to find as much info from your great great grandpappy regarding the great memories he had as an infant hearing stories about the 1920s and 1930s packers championships.....maybe you can imagine the joy he had back in the day and that will help you get over the present (where the Vikes have a 7-4-1 record vs the cheese in the last twelve games), thus allowing you to sleep through the night without nightmares of the Purple gang smothering the cheesy boys!
Wally, I'm really sorry that you struggle to sleep last night over such trivial issues...oh well...maybe tonight you'll sleep due to being so tired from waking up at 3:00am or whenever you did (if you even slept at all) because your mind is racing....remember Wally....it's just a game! Your cheese will eventually win one vs the Vikes, so keep your head up!