Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
EGO 2 Nets - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2020, 08:46 AM
Wallhanger

Default EGO 2 Nets

Is anyone happy with their EGO 2? I know the reviews were mixed a while back but not sure they were Ego 2. I like the net enough but not the reviews I've seen.

Also looking for alternatives, I only want to carry one net, so big enough for decent Pike, but small enough to handle for wife and kids. Long enough handle for trolling and netting walleyes.

I have a musky net when fishing for them.

I had always put the long trolling net in, but it recently broke, and my short do everything net the bag is rotting a bit, and the handle is too short for trolling.

If I could replace the 2 with one that would be nice.

Looked at Frabil trophy haul, Bubba and rapala, just can't find exactly what I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2020, 08:50 AM
Minnow

I ordered an RS green bay last summer. I like it, custom order your color pattern, telescoping handle with a good size bag, but not overly heavy.city
Old 05-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Wallhanger

I have 2 and live them! They’re a little heavy but for a net that extends as long as they do they work very good. I use them for everything except king salmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2020, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

I've had one for several years and is the only net I carry. Mine has the standard handle and large deep rubber net. I fish out of an 18' deep v which in the bow sets quite high in the water and it's plenty long when extended. Little heavy for a smaller child to handle. Especially when needing to slide it out. I'd suggest trying one at the store before purchasing. Last year I tore a hole in it netting a large pike and just used a plastic wire tie to close the hole until I ordered a new net. Net was around $30 and came promptly. Would I purchase another one? Yes
Old 05-13-2020, 10:21 AM
Wallhanger

I was given one for fathers day a couple years ago and it is the only net I use now. It is a little longer than needed, but the extra length has been welcome several times. At the time I got mine they were advertised as floating. I got on their home page and found out the newer ones were built heavier and don't float. Good thing I found this out before I decided to give it a float test. Zero complaints so far.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:29 AM
Keeper

I have had one for around five years. No complaints. The expandable part does get sticky at least once a year, but it’s nothing a little Vaseline doesn’t cure.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:06 AM
Wallhanger

Nice, not what I expected to hear right off the bat. I like the length for when trolling, It's hard to back up a long way with 9-10' trolling rods and use a shorter handle net, and my 18' is fairly deep also and the length would be nice up front, it wouldn't need to be fully extended.

I can't believe finding a nice net is so much trouble for me, but they aren't cheap and I only want to do it once if I can help it.
Old 05-13-2020, 01:39 PM
Wallhanger

Had one that only lasted three seasons and the slide on it broke. Will never own another one. I like the one I have now better, just cant think of the name of it at the moment.

Fisherman 1792
Old 05-13-2020, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman1792 View Post
Had one that only lasted three seasons and the slide on it broke. Will never own another one. I like the one I have now better, just cant think of the name of it at the moment.

Fisherman 1792
They have been good at replacing broken ones.

Bill
Old 05-13-2020, 03:37 PM
Wallhanger

I really did like the slide on it. Nice and easy but for some reason it just didn't last. I never thought of adding a lubricant to it occasionally. Just thought it was gonna last for the money they cost.
I still like the one I have a little better but I dont like that it doesn't float like the ego.

Fisherman 1792