Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Active Trim Help Needed - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-14-2021, 08:51 AM
Wallhanger

Default Active Trim Help Needed

Thought active trim wood be a good idea if the kids or wife drive the boat. Installed inches away of a device that has great GPS signal however the light on the power button is red and several of the lights on the various trim profiles are red. It trims the motor a few clicks when I take off but its not working and the instructions are really spotty. When I set it up thought maybe did not have GPS signal but same on water. The power button does not turn the red lights off either.

Anyone have any clue or experience setting this up ?
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2021, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

The lights are supposed to be red (more of a reddish/amber color)...that's their color.

Are you sure you got it set up properly?

Launch the boat....

The Active Trim will light up when the motor is turned on (but, do not start the motor at this point).

Trim the motor all the way down and hold the trim button for 5 seconds....repeat that in the all the way up position.

The Active Trim buttons will be flashing. Trim the motor back down and turn it on.

Get the boat up on plane and full throttle.....(nice day of course)...

On the Active Trim....use the up arrow button to take it to level 5....then, use the down arrow to the level that has the boat running the way you like it. Level 5 might have you chine walking, so back it off.

Once you are at a level you're comfortable with....press and hold both up and down arrow buttons at the same time to set it. The lights will stop flashing and you're all set up.

They say, usually level 3 or 4 is where it handles best. I have mine on level 2 and 3 most often here on Erie.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112

Last edited by Juls; 10-14-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-17-2021, 02:13 PM
Wallhanger

Thank you!!! I will give it a try, I thought I was supposed to see a green light for some reason so i stopped messing with it cause I did not want to loose the day fishing with this. Also how is the power button supposed to work its red no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
The lights are supposed to be red (more of a reddish/amber color)...that's their color.

Are you sure you got it set up properly?

Launch the boat....

The Active Trim will light up when the motor is turned on (but, do not start the motor at this point).

Trim the motor all the way down and hold the trim button for 5 seconds....repeat that in the all the way up position.

The Active Trim buttons will be flashing. Trim the motor back down and turn it on.

Get the boat up on plane and full throttle.....(nice day of course)...

On the Active Trim....use the up arrow button to take it to level 5....then, use the down arrow to the level that has the boat running the way you like it. Level 5 might have you chine walking, so back it off.

Once you are at a level you're comfortable with....press and hold both up and down arrow buttons at the same time to set it. The lights will stop flashing and you're all set up.

They say, usually level 3 or 4 is where it handles best. I have mine on level 2 and 3 most often here on Erie.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes