Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Maynard Lake Lodge walleye questions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 11-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Minnow

Default Maynard Lake Lodge walleye questions

Anyone been to Maynard Lake Lodge? Looks and sounds very interesting. Just looking for walleye, smallmouth on the side if they are decent[18 and over]. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2018, 06:49 AM
Formerly Bigstorm & Bigstorm2

I have been fishing the English River system just below Maynard Falls (downriver side of Maynard Lake) for a week every summer for the past 15yrs. Its a great system for walleye, northern and smallmouth (with some musky in there as well)

I cant speak for Maynard Lake Lodge as I dont go there but the system itself has great fishing
Old 11-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Minnow

Thanks. I'll continue researching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Minnow

Default Maynard Lake Lodge

I went to Maynard Lake Lodge in 2015. The walleye fishing was outstanding- I caught at least 40 a day with best day at 55 fish and another day at 52. The guide apologized for the poor fishing and that it was not normally that slow which I found humorous. We actually had a hard time some days finding fish small enough for shore lunch until we finally hit on a spot where there were enough smaller ones to get our shore lunch needs. I caught many 20-25 inch walleyes with a half dozen 26-28 inchers each day. I used a guide and he was super guy and fun to be with. The boats and cabin were excellent and they had a chef so the food was fantastic and plentiful

The owners were really nice and would visit with the guests every day and showed real concern for their satisfaction.

I didn't really try to fish for pike but picked up a few small ones by accident. I caught no smallmouth and don't recall anyone else doing so or fishing for them. It seemed everyone in camp was fishing for walleye. Their shore lunches were the best I have ever had on any of my Canadian fishing trips. Everyone would go to a single shore lunch spot and all the guides and the lodge staff very quickly set up for lunch- made the fish 2-3 different ways so you had a selection, had salad, 2 desserts, the usual potatoes and beans and another vegetable such as corn etc. and beverages. They quickly got everything cleared up so it was never more than an hour for shore lunch. I highly recommend them and the only reason I have not been back is due to health issues.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:42 PM
Minnow

Thanks for the report. I will push on and talk to them live at the sports show.