Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Input on this Ranger boat color combo - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Wallhanger

Default Input on this Ranger boat color combo

I like this boat for several reasons as for a value for the dollar. Two things that it has that I could not buy on 2020 boat is 200 Pro XS Merc and Tandem trailer. My wife doesn't care for the light boat color and feels that darker looks a lot better. I am fine with the hull and stripes but just not sure I can get use to the Shadow mist interior, seems like it will be too bright on sunny days. This boat is a left over 2019. Appreciate your input. My Ranger is 2012 Reata that I bought left over in Nov 2012 has the darker colors.

Any comments pros and cons will be appreciated, and I you wish to give you favorite colors thats fine as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wcphoto.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	312870  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 08:46 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lighter color

Tandem trailer is the way to go.
Lets face it-we usually would like to go out in the warmer weather-in sunny weather. Darker colors tend to absorb the heat and stay hotter as compared to lighter colors. I would prefer the lighter colors and we know that the darker colors tend to show the dirt and water spots more.
Walteye
Old 09-13-2019, 09:32 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by walteye View Post
Tandem trailer is the way to go.

Lets face it-we usually would like to go out in the warmer weather-in sunny weather. Darker colors tend to absorb the heat and stay hotter as compared to lighter colors. I would prefer the lighter colors and we know that the darker colors tend to show the dirt and water spots more.

Walteye
I agree!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1850 View Post
I like this boat for several reasons as for a value for the dollar. Two things that it has that I could not buy on 2020 boat is 200 Pro XS Merc and Tandem trailer. My wife doesn't care for the light boat color and feels that darker looks a lot better. I am fine with the hull and stripes but just not sure I can get use to the Shadow mist interior, seems like it will be too bright on sunny days. This boat is a left over 2019. Appreciate your input. My Ranger is 2012 Reata that I bought left over in Nov 2012 has the darker colors.

Any comments pros and cons will be appreciated, and I you wish to give you favorite colors thats fine as well.
On my 5th Ranger and I had a couple I got used or at a closeout price with darker interior colors, I think they are much harder to keep clean and looking good, and as stated are warmer in the hot sun. My last one I ordered in a lighter color for sure, especially on the inside and sunglasses usually takes care of any glare, especially on the water. Go over and let your wife get in the boat and tell how fabulous the boat color accents her hair! Once you get on the water you will forget about any doubts you had on colors as they all look good.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Wallhanger

I appreciate the replies and comments, 3 for light 0 for dark. My boat interior is white and found it to be very good on sunny days. I am sure that I can get use to Shadow Mist, and I do wear sun glasses 95% of the time.
I hope to make the drive this week to see the boat and if all goes well a deposit as well. I need to finish the deal by the end of this month, Ranger promotions ends.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:06 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1850 View Post
I appreciate the replies and comments, 3 for light 0 for dark. My boat interior is white and found it to be very good on sunny days. I am sure that I can get use to Shadow Mist, and I do wear sun glasses 95% of the time.
I hope to make the drive this week to see the boat and if all goes well a deposit as well. I need to finish the deal by the end of this month, Ranger promotions ends.
Chalk up another vote for the light. I really like the color pattern on the boat your looking at.

Ranger promotion ends, but I'll bet it's followed up with a new one. You should get $500 Rangerwere gift card, 2 $250 Cabelas gift cards. The Ranger Boat Embossed inflatable (Mustang) life jacket. Free boat cover. Can't recall the other item I got but that about sums it up.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Wallhanger

I love those colors, pretty darn close to what I would order if I were to buy a new one. Looks great.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Keeper

Awesome looking boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-13-2019, 12:10 PM
Keeper

Good looking boat and I'd take the lighter cockpit and deck any day over a darker. I've got a new one on order, it's got the new version of Shadow Mist hull but darker stripes and I went with one tone darker silver/gray on the inside deck. A dark interior to me would be a hot box, especially on those hot windless days. A dark exterior is nearly impossible to keep clean and water spots will definitely be harder to hide on a dark finish.

I love the look of black and dark blue but....
Old 09-13-2019, 01:34 PM
Wallhanger

Well its look like this is great combo, now 6 light 0 dark. I guess Shadow mist being so light will be ok for inside the hull, just seem to sparkle a lot. I know by buying in stock boat at my age (76) just seems like the thing to do. Out of last 3 boats, 2 were in the showroom. I never had regrets buying that way at all.

I appreciate the input and your comments as well. The wife says it my choice. She doesn't fish and will not be on board except maybe 4 or 5 times all year for a boat ride.