Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Total cost per hour to own, operate, and finally sell a boat. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Default Total cost per hour to own, operate, and finally sell a boat.

If a person goes out today and purchases a fully tricked out walleye rig the 20-22 foot length and uses it for 5 years; and in consideration of the expected numbers of hours of on the water time in the boat over the 5 years --- and considering any selling or trade in value of the rig at the end of the 5 years --- what is the total cost of ownership per hour of on the water time with the rig?

This includes purchase price, final selling price, price of everything put in the boat over the 5 years, sales tax, insurance, license, fuel cost, the cost of fuel and operating expense of the tow vehicle etc.

Can a person own such a rig as this - using it for the expected number of hours on the water and be able to use it for less than $200 per hour?

Just wondering if anyone has ever put a pen to paper to compute this total cost of ownership.

----------------------------------------
It absolutely makes no difference as to what is bought or sold or money spent - it is just a curiosity question that makes me wonder about the answer.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2020, 03:22 PM
Wallhanger

Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care ! ! !
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 03-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
If a person goes out today and purchases a fully tricked out walleye rig the 20-22 foot length and uses it for 5 years; and in consideration of the expected numbers of hours of on the water time in the boat over the 5 years --- and considering any selling or trade in value of the rig at the end of the 5 years --- what is the total cost of ownership per hour of on the water time with the rig?

This includes purchase price, final selling price, price of everything put in the boat over the 5 years, sales tax, insurance, license, fuel cost, the cost of fuel and operating expense of the tow vehicle etc.

Can a person own such a rig as this - using it for the expected number of hours on the water and be able to use it for less than $200 per hour?

Just wondering if anyone has ever put a pen to paper to compute this total cost of ownership.

It absolutely makes no difference as to what is bought or sold or money spent - it is just a curiosity question that makes me wonder about the answer.

Take care
My answer is I don't care what it costs as long as I can afford it.

2015 Alumacraft T-195
Yamaha 200
Ulterra w/Ilink 112
Helix 10SI w/GPS

2019 Lowe 1852 Aura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Keeper

Who is counting?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderjet View Post
My answer is I don't care what it costs as long as I can afford it.
When I was younger I didn't care if I could afford it LOL I still bought it
Old 03-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Wallhanger

You have to post something to up the post count. He knows nobody cares and further more unless he can tell you the state of the economy in 5 years there is no right answer.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Wallhanger

I'm curious that anyone would be curious about it. Unless fishing is what one does professionally, isn't buying such a boat pretty much by definition a luxury purchase rather than an economical one?

Gerry
Old 03-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post

Take care
It’s almost 60 degrees outside where your at . Don’t you have better way to spend your time today ? Maybe grab a lawn chair and a beer and sit outside and count your hall earring swivels or bust the paint out of your jig eyes .
Old 03-08-2020, 03:44 PM
Wallhanger

Default Cost per hour to own

$111.00 per hour
Old 03-08-2020, 03:45 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fshrman-r72 View Post
$111.00 per hour
Now you know !