Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Should be fishing today - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Keeper

Default Danvan

Sept would awesome time to try wapesi dan,if I go July 27 I値l be sure to give you all the details,and I値l do my best not to stretch a 27 inch eye to 29 inch,38 years ago when I drank I had wild fish stories but now I知 a straight shooter lol,rod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2020, 03:18 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Sept would awesome time to try wapesi dan,if I go July 27 I値l be sure to give you all the details,and I値l do my best not to stretch a 27 inch eye to 29 inch,38 years ago when I drank I had wild fish stories but now I知 a straight shooter lol,rod
Thank you for saving the big ones for me. September Wapesi would be interesting and challenging, only been to Keike that time of year. Not sure if the fish would be in different spots than June. The weather was awesome, fishing ok, not as good as June. I don't drink much, only at night
Old 06-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Wisconsin View Post
https://www.cp24.com/news/province-p...e-30-1.4963128

Sorry for the bad news but everyone should now it doesn't look good for awhile yet.
Ontario in phase 1 but not close to getting to phase 2.
Thanks for the link so it looks like June 30 before an update. Problem I have is they say majority of cases are in Toronto area and I wish across all regions it could be more local vs the big cities.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:54 PM
Minnow

Default mid July

Moved my trip to mid July, hoping to have some sort of definitive answer with enough time to book in Minnesota if I can't cross the border.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:59 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvan18$ View Post
It feels weird. This is the first time in 36 years not up fishing in NW Ontario the first week of June. We started out doing our own portages using the Vermilion River to access lakes in the Sioux Lookout area. While fun and exciting, it was a lot of work (and we got older). So we went to Ghost River for a handful of year- very cool. Then we tried a fly-in and got hooked on that type of trip and have been using Pickerel Arm Camp for 25+ years. By now the Otter will have dropped us off, get spooled up and catch that first Wally. Re-booked for mid-August- hoping! Darn virus
Feeling your pain. All day yesterday (June 1) I was thinking about being on Larus Lake or Onepine. Ever since I made my first fly in trip in 2001, June 1 was always right in the middle of the 6-7 day trip for us. Hopefully, as they say, "there's always next year." Made 4 trips to Canada last year, and now, am so glad I did.

Those outfitters that can hang in there are going to be very, very busy next year.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:34 AM
Minnow

Default My Last Day

This would have been my Last Day of fishing on Lac Suel. Would be looking for a Shore Lunch Spot right about now. Weather looked Good All Week. Sunny and 65 degrees in Dryden right now.
Had some New Baits I wanted to try. I guess I'll even have more baits for next years trip.
God Willing .

Stay Save and Healthy,

<*((()))<>
Old 06-13-2020, 02:53 PM
Minnow

I've fished Blackstone, Fawcett, Kabi, and Keike all with Lee from Pickerel Arm. Favorite is Blackstone. Have trip starting Aug 6. Hope the Canadians open up the stupid border!
Old 06-14-2020, 04:27 AM
Slot Fish

I am sure you will visit the meat hole at Blackstone.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:52 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpbadger View Post
I've fished Blackstone, Fawcett, Kabi, and Keike all with Lee from Pickerel Arm. Favorite is Blackstone. Have trip starting Aug 6. Hope the Canadians open up the stupid border!

I just sent you a PM, would like to chat
Old 06-14-2020, 08:29 PM
Wallhanger

We would be cleaning fish and drinking a few beers right now. Feels horrible to miss that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk