Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Little bay de noc - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 05-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Keeper

Default Little bay de noc

Well, it looks like our annual trip for the opener in Gladstone will have to be cancelled. I believe the governor just extended the lock down another 28 days. That has to really hurt the bait shops, hotels, guides and the general economy in that area. Obviously, I'm bummed out about it but the important thing to note is the terrible effect its having on the local businesses. Tomorrow is opening day here in Wisconsin so we'll be able to fish our local lakes. I expect we'll have an uneventful opener here with numbers way down, remains to be seen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Michigan might reconsider allowing fishing by the 15th. If you're lucky enough to be able to go fishing this weekend, Good Luck and be Smart and Safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2020, 08:34 PM
Keeper

Boating and fishing was opened a few days ago in Michigan.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:09 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan81 View Post
Boating and fishing was opened a few days ago in Michigan.
For nonresidents? He's from Wisconsin. Don't think you can fish Michigan yet if you're from out of state.
Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. thrust trolling motor
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2020, 05:26 AM
Keeper

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...926---,00.html

There is the link to the frequent ask questions for COVID19. There is no rule about traveling. It is discouraged but not a law. I will be fishing Michigan waters on Monday in WI boat. I will update if I have any issues.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan81 View Post
https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,...926---,00.html

There is the link to the frequent ask questions for COVID19. There is no rule about traveling. It is discouraged but not a law. I will be fishing Michigan waters on Monday in WI boat. I will update if I have any issues.

Well that's good news, good luck on your trip. Please post if it goes smooth, I am supposed to be vacationing and getting married at Hamlin lake, MI. on June 6th so I have a vested interest in being a nonresident going to Michigan, thanks.
Rhodan 72" 36v 120 lb. thrust trolling motor
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance point 1
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
LSS 1
2 Cannon tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
6 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 05-19-2020, 10:25 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by milfish View Post
Well, it looks like our annual trip for the opener in Gladstone will have to be cancelled. I believe the governor just extended the lock down another 28 days. That has to really hurt the bait shops, hotels, guides and the general economy in that area. Obviously, I'm bummed out about it but the important thing to note is the terrible effect its having on the local businesses. Tomorrow is opening day here in Wisconsin so we'll be able to fish our local lakes. I expect we'll have an uneventful opener here with numbers way down, remains to be seen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Michigan might reconsider allowing fishing by the 15th. If you're lucky enough to be able to go fishing this weekend, Good Luck and be Smart and Safe.
How have you done. Use to go there many many years ago, stayed at Bay Shore fished with Jim Murray. he knew the water well.
15 Talon
Ultera
Humminbird Helix X 2
Soon to be Panoptix