Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Alumacraft-no longer offering Eagle trailers? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 11-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Charter Member

Default Alumacraft-no longer offering Eagle trailers?

Looking at the 2021 build & price for a 165 Classic, not seeing Eagle as a trailer option, yet that was what their "package" included for 2020.

Any thoughts? HRG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Keeper

My thoughts are the customeds are going to be better off. The Eagle under my 2003 Lund was the worst experience in trailering i have ever experienced.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:07 AM
Wallhanger

I have a 2003 Crestliner and the Eagle trailer is the best I have ever owned. It's still going strong and loads like a dream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2020, 07:45 AM
Wallhanger

My 2017 voyageur loads and rides like a dream on my Eagle trailer. The reliance trailer I had before that was a pain in the rear anatomy. -But that doesn't answer your question. The best place to get a straight answer is at a reputable dealership.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:13 PM
Wallhanger

I was told by LaCannes marine in Faribault Mn, that there had been a fire at the Eagle Plant, and Alumacraft was going a different route. Just saying what I was told
Old 11-26-2020, 12:20 PM
Minnow

Factory in Humboldt, IA had a big fire this summer. Took out a major portion of their facilities. They were in the process of purchasing a nearby facility that Born Free motorhomes moved out of a couple of years ago. Things got sped up and they're back in business. Now just a matter of getting the damaged buildings replaced.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
I was told by LaCannes marine in Faribault Mn, that there had been a fire at the Eagle Plant, and Alumacraft was going a different route. Just saying what I was told
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjshoo View Post
Factory in Humboldt, IA had a big fire this summer. Took out a major portion of their facilities. They were in the process of purchasing a nearby facility that Born Free motorhomes moved out of a couple of years ago. Things got sped up and they're back in business. Now just a matter of getting the damaged buildings replaced.
Thanks all. This seems like the most logical reason, had not heard about the fire.

HRG
Old 12-05-2020, 01:57 PM
Wallhanger

HRG. Check your pm
Old 12-10-2020, 06:35 AM
Minnow

My 2020 that I ordered in February came on a Shorelandr, at that point Alumacraft had already changed their custom trailers from Eagle to Shorelandr as per my dealer
Old 12-10-2020, 07:38 AM
Wallhanger

My 2 cents worth. Shorelandr is a better trailer. Had two of them on different boats.had alunacraft 185 for 13 years. No rush on trailer at all