Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lakemaster Mn LOW and Rainy chip - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-31-2021, 12:03 PM
Wallhanger

Default lakemaster Mn LOW and Rainy chip

A question, does the new one chip for Huminmbirds that include mn, LOW And Rainy any different then the previous chips where you needed both? Just wonder if they mapped further up in Lake of the Woods, my version goes about 8 miles or so north of Oak Island
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2021, 03:59 PM
Charter Member

The new MN V9 chip has LOTW mapped all the way to Kenora.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:56 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks that is good to hear, Now if we could only get back into Canada. I love the NW Angle and the Ontario portion of the lake, nice to have that map available when I head a little bit further north
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2021, 08:25 AM
Wallhanger

Default LOW Canada coverage?

Does this chip map everything on LOW south of Kenora to the west such as Deception Bay, Ptarmigan bay, Ogema Bay, Shoal Narrows?

Last edited by lassh; 04-03-2021 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassh View Post
Does this chip map everything on LOW south of Kenora to the west such as Deception Bay, Ptarmigan bay, Ogema Bay, Shoal Narrows?
This is a link to HB's LOTW area: https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...QaAluSEALw_wcB
Old 04-05-2021, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

That link must be for the old LOTW card. The new LOTW on MN V9 is mapped all the way to Kenora, including the areas like Deception, Ptarmigan, Ogema, and Shoal Narrows. It does stop right after Shoal Narrows though, and does not include Shoal Lake.
Old 04-06-2021, 02:16 PM
Wallhanger

That is the 4th and latest version. I am not going to look at MN version 9 to see what is HD and what is the usual standard definition that has been on past maps. A quick read says 750,000 HD newly surveyed acres. That is quite a few! I am guessing(HB would be a good source for questions), but I would bet the chip just for LOTW's would be superior to the MN ver. 9 coverage of 10,000 or so lakes with coverage of LOTW included for the same price would not be the same quality. But check with Humminbird. Bob
Old 04-06-2021, 02:49 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Bob View Post
but I would bet the chip just for LOTW's would be superior to the MN ver. 9 coverage of 10,000 or so lakes with coverage of LOTW included for the same price would not be the same quality. Bob
Bob, the new V9 chip (I purchased) has more total lakes and more HD Lakes than the MN V8, and more of LOTW than the V4 Rainy/LOTW. Probably why its more expensive, but well worth it!
Old 04-06-2021, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

In talking with Reeds, the LOTW specific chip has been discontinued. LOTW is now included on MN V9 and the Ontario card instead.
Old 04-06-2021, 03:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plunker View Post
In talking with Reeds, the LOTW specific chip has been discontinued. LOTW is now included on MN V9 and the Ontario card instead.
WOW, excellent value! Good info to spread around. HB needed something to compete with the coverage of Navionics. There are those chips still around for sale, but at $124 not as good a deal as the other 2 choices. Bob