Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pros and cons of kicker motor on walleye boat - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 12-27-2019, 08:58 PM
Minnow

I used my kicker for the first time today on Lake Erie. Still dialing it in, but to get down to cold water trolling speeds, I can’t imagine not having it. Pro Kicker 9.9, pulled the choke, and hit the button and it started right up and idled perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trollmaster Pro 3+
Lowrance Elite 9 Ti
Lowrance Elite 7 HDI
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 with iPilot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2020, 12:06 PM
Keeper

Let me offer a slightly different perspective. I got a boat without a kicker. I’m making boat payments. If I had wrapped the kicker into the initial buy, I’d own a kicker. I have a 19 ft glass boat with a 36 volt trolling motor. It’s great, but it’s no kicker. On a windy day when the bite is at 2.5 mph, half a day at best and hard to maintain speed when the bow is bouncing.

Now in our household finances, kicker goes way behind about 15 other projects/items on my wife’s list. Wish I just got a kicker when I bought the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlund View Post
Let me offer a slightly different perspective. I got a boat without a kicker. I’m making boat payments. If I had wrapped the kicker into the initial buy, I’d own a kicker. I have a 19 ft glass boat with a 36 volt trolling motor. It’s great, but it’s no kicker. On a windy day when the bite is at 2.5 mph, half a day at best and hard to maintain speed when the bow is bouncing.

Now in our household finances, kicker goes way behind about 15 other projects/items on my wife’s list. Wish I just got a kicker when I bought the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You could just refinance the boat and throw the kicker in and it would be like you financed it that way from the beginning.