Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
cryptocurrency Bitcoin - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 02-08-2018, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default cryptocurrency Bitcoin

Any of you into bitcoin over the years? Any of you mine?
It's crazy watching it about to implode
As of today one bitcoin is worth $8179.99 usd LOL

If you are into high end video cards, watch out if you purchase from the likes of eBay or craigslist.
Lot's of them used up GPU's being dumped now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

That is an interesting subject. I know a couple people that are into crypto currencies. Most them missed the Bitcoin bubble and are into all kinds of other new emerging ones worth pennies now and hoping to see the same happen as Bitcoin. A guy I worked with back downstate was really into Bitcoin when it first came out. Haven't talked to him in years and wonder if he made a fortune or what. If my math is correct and you invested $1000 in 2010 at $0.06 and sold at the peak of $17,549 this past December, you would have cashed out for a cool $292 million+.

What's the story with the cards getting dumped on Ebay that you mentioned?

Last edited by Custom Eyes; 02-08-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

The cards get worked over very hard, lets just say abused
Folks parting out the miners are trying to recover $ on them costly GPU's
They will say they never mined with them or just opened the box for a build but never used it

Now why bitcoin? I know Putin & others have a huge interest in crypto currencies & the development of them.
It's a great way to get by many type of sanctions & do underhanded work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2018, 09:22 PM
moneymoney

If you bought in less than a few months ago you are way up...so now your right and laughing because its down for a few months.

Interesting view on investments.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Russian nuclear scientists arrested for 'Bitcoin mining plot'
[url]http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43003740[/url]
Old 02-09-2018, 07:34 AM
Wallhanger

I recently read an article on bitcoins and mining them, way too confusing for this old guy!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:57 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=cyber16;5991673]The cards get worked over very hard, lets just say abused
Folks parting out the miners are trying to recover $ on them costly GPU's
They will say they never mined with them or just opened the box for a build but never used it

Now why bitcoin? I know Putin & others have a huge interest in crypto currencies & the development of them.
[B]It's a great way to get by many type of sanctions & do underhanded work[/B][/QUOTE]

Bitcoin disagrees. I'd suggest listening to [B][U][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cuvpd0EwtHw"]THIS[/URL][/U][/B] debate.

One of the problems with Bitcoin is [B][U][URL="https://digiconomist.net/bitcoin-energy-consumption"]ENERGY CONSUMPTION[/URL][/U][/B].

The success or failure of cryptocurrency isn't as important as the technology. It will continue, and be the template for future currencies issued by governments. And for that reason have governments taken a hands-off approach. Allow the private market to experiment, improve, and reveal weaknesses.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:51 PM
Wallhanger

From the few I know who played in these crypto coins they all said the same thing. They are very very difficult to turn into cold hard cash.

2015 Alumacraft T-195
Yamaha 200
Ulterra w/Ilink 112
Helix 10SI w/GPS

2019 Lowe 1852 Aura
Old 02-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

Bit Coin explained in Plain English

A lot of monkeys lived near a village.��������������
One day a merchant came to the village to buy these monkeys!������������
He announced that he will buy the monkeys @ $100 each. ����
The villagers thought that this man is mad.��
They thought how can somebody buy stray monkeys at $100 each?��
Still, some people caught some monkeys and gave it to this merchant and he gave $100 for each monkey. ��
This news spread like wildfire and people caught monkeys and sold it to the merchant.��
After a few days, the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ $200 each. ������
The lazy villagers also ran around to catch the remaining monkeys!������������
They sold the remaining monkeys @ $200 each.��
Then the merchant announced that he will buy monkeys @ $500 each! ������������
The villagers start to lose sleep! ... They caught six or seven monkeys, which was all that was left and got $500 each.��������������
The villagers were waiting anxiously for the next announcement.��
Then the merchant announced that he is going home for a week. And when he returns, he will buy monkeys @ $1000 each!����������������������
He asked his employee to take care of the monkeys he bought. He was alone taking care of all the monkeys in a cage.�������������������������������������������������� ����������������������������������������������
The merchant went home.��
The villagers were very sad as there were no more monkeys left for them to sell it at $1000 each☹����
Then the employee told them that he will sell some monkeys @ $700 each secretly. ��
This news spread like fire. Since the merchant buys monkey @ $1000 each, there is a $300 profit for each monkey.��
The next day, villagers made a queue near the monkey cage.������������������������������������
The employee sold all the monkeys at $700 each. The rich bought monkeys in big lots. The poor borrowed money from money lenders and also bought monkeys!
����������������������������������������
The villagers took care of their monkeys & waited for the merchant to return. ��
But nobody came! ...�� Then they ran to the employee...��
But he has already left too !��
The villagers then realized that they have bought the useless stray monkeys @ $700 each and unable to sell them! ��������������������
The Bitcoin will be the next monkey business ��
It will make a lot of people bankrupt and a few people filthy rich in this monkey business. ������
That's how it will work......................... ....!!!
Old 02-11-2018, 12:41 AM
Keeper

i bought in at around 20 cents and out about 600 back then and cashed out at 12k. the key is not rnenbe greedy and being able to drop $500-$1000 on inception and paying attention and taking the risk.

now it’s. about the other cryptos othee than bitcoins.
Humminbird Helix 10 mega di
Humminbird Helix 10 mega GPS
112 Ulterra with link
WavePro x2