Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Power Pole charge - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-14-2021, 07:16 AM
Wallhanger

Default Power Pole charge

Buddy is picking up his boat and was telling me he had the Charge unit installed, he was raving about it so i did some research, tnat is a pretty neat unit for sure, makes other chargers obsolete it seems.Any thoughts?

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 03-14-2021, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Nice unit - no doubt.

https://power-pole.com/charge

Essentially a combination unit that is charger, emergency start - so it apparently contains a battery, and some line switching capability.

By all means, if you like it go for it.

-------------------
Or if you have multiple batteries in the boat and jumper cables, you can do essentially the same thing for the bulk of the applications.

But, if you like it - I expect that it will do a nice job for you and your boat and power needs.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
Buddy is picking up his boat and was telling me he had the Charge unit installed, he was raving about it so i did some research, tnat is a pretty neat unit for sure, makes other chargers obsolete it seems.Any thoughts?
Very cool for sure. I would be a tad concerned about sending power to my trolling motor battery from my start battery and this thing for any reason failed. Would for sure consider it when its a little more proven out. If for any reason your motor won't fire up on the emergency start I am sure the cranking will be very limited.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2021, 10:06 AM
Wallhanger

Very cool piece of gear. I’d love to have one on my boat, and I would have one, but then I saw the price. They’re pretty proud of it. I can’t justify that cost for a battery charger. I’ll have to wait until it gets more affordable. Which will likely never happen lol.

Waxy
Old 03-14-2021, 10:36 AM
Wallhanger

Bbheli would not be to worried about sending power from your start battery’s to trolling battery’s. I had minnkota alternator charge system on my last two boats. I did not have any issues. Gives me a little more electric motor run time during the day. Helps if I do not have a place to plug the boat in. Depending how much you are running the main motor of course. This is just a way more advanced setup then mine. Plus a battery charger. If I am not running the main motor much. I would like a little more amps on the power pole charge. Say 10 amps plug in charge instead of 5. Good chance I would go with the charge if setting up a new boat.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:58 AM
Wallhanger

As a troller i would be running my 15hp kicker all day so that would be powering the TM batteries too.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 03-20-2021, 06:37 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
As a troller i would be running my 15hp kicker all day so that would be powering the TM batteries too.
How many amps is your trolling motor putting out at trolling speed/rpm?
Old 03-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowking View Post
Bbheli would not be to worried about sending power from your start battery’s to trolling battery’s. I had minnkota alternator charge system on my last two boats. I did not have any issues. Gives me a little more electric motor run time during the day. Helps if I do not have a place to plug the boat in. Depending how much you are running the main motor of course. This is just a way more advanced setup then mine. Plus a battery charger. If I am not running the main motor much. I would like a little more amps on the power pole charge. Say 10 amps plug in charge instead of 5. Good chance I would go with the charge if setting up a new boat.
Thanks for the feedback. I really like the concept. Not so much the price but that one time you turn they key and ut,oh...... Guess it would be worth it.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 03-15-2021, 07:16 AM
Wallhanger

I have one in my boat and will never own another boat without it. It is legit!

The ability to change what batteries are getting juice while you're running is nice. I can either send full power to my trolling motor batteries while still getting some juice to my main or vica versa is slick.

I run my trolling motor hard all day and have yet to even come close to running out of juice.

I haven't had to use the Emergency Start function so I can't comment on it.

But I also like the fact that I can check my batteries from in the house without having to even go outside to look at the lights. With the app I can see everything from inside.

Expensive yes, but worth every penny in my opinion.

It is a touch smaller than my older MinnKota PC460 and about the same weight. It mounted in the same spot as that. Just had to make new holes for the mounting screws.

I have the CMonster Gateway as well so I can monitor my batteries through my Lowrance units and also control EStart throught them if needed.

Only thing I would like to see is them add the ability to adjust the power direction through the gateway on the graphs rather than the app. But regardless, it works really good.
NPAA #803
Old 03-29-2021, 07:13 AM
Minnow

I have a minnkota mk 2 dc for my two trolling motor batteries and a mk 1 dc for my house battery. Outboard is a new mercury 150 4 stroke. Everything seems to work perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DB76F20B-E731-4FA9-842C-C01EB02E61D1_1617023592313.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	325266