Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tennesse Real Estate - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-15-2021, 08:31 AM
Wallhanger

Karpbuster...PM sent!
Lowrance Hook2 5 SplitShot Bow
2007 Mercury 5HP Kicker when needed
2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 2.7 ECO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2021, 09:01 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugler View Post
You might find some information on Chattanooga Facebook groups. I was part of a "relocate to eastern Tenn" group for a bit but recently left the group now that I may be giving up my thoughts of moving to Tenn. Housing prices have shot up in that state as so many folks move there to avoid state income taxes.
It is a conundrum sell your house for a high price then have to pay a high price for a new one. Thus the sellers market. Timing is always a tough deal. If I stay there it will be okay over the long run. Same is going on in Texas and New Mexico housing is up and people who can live anywhere and work from home, some prefer a lake house or more remote places. NM only has the weather going for it.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Chattanooga Is a pretty area. I would also take a look at Western NC and north GA. All very pretty mountainous areas with 4 seasons, beautiful fall colors great fishing for multiple species and minimal amounts of snow .

PjShorthorn
Good point I will check the retirement data for those states as well.

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Old 04-20-2021, 07:43 AM
Wallhanger

Last week my friend sold a vacant lakeside lot on Tellico Lake for $300,000. He thought
he was pricing the lot way too high, but it sold quickly.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:41 AM
Wallhanger

We've been looking for a place in the mountains of Eastern Tennessee for the past couple of years. I'm now seeing properties that were purchased in 2016 being listed for over $100K more than they paid just a short time ago. We will continue to wait for the right opportunity or until this current market fizzles out and goes back towards "normal", whatever that is...
Old 04-20-2021, 10:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo-NC View Post
We've been looking for a place in the mountains of Eastern Tennessee for the past couple of years. I'm now seeing properties that were purchased in 2016 being listed for over $100K more than they paid just a short time ago. We will continue to wait for the right opportunity or until this current market fizzles out and goes back towards "normal", whatever that is...
Tennessee typically has the highest bankruptcy rate of any state in the country. I would have expected more houses to have become available if not for all the federal stimulus and foreclosure protection. When that ends, who knows what will happen? Home prices were driven up by folks fleeing higher taxes in other states such as California and Ill. I was a member of the Relocate to Eastern Tennees Facebook group for over a year and was surprised at the number of folks coming from California.

I have now moved my sights to retire in Florida. We will be checking out Punta Gorda, Florida in a few weeks.
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor
Old 04-20-2021, 11:25 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugler View Post
Tennessee typically has the highest bankruptcy rate of any state in the country. I would have expected more houses to have become available if not for all the federal stimulus and foreclosure protection. When that ends, who knows what will happen? Home prices were driven up by folks fleeing higher taxes in other states such as California and Ill. I was a member of the Relocate to Eastern Tennees Facebook group for over a year and was surprised at the number of folks coming from California.

I have now moved my sights to retire in Florida. We will be checking out Punta Gorda, Florida in a few weeks.
We're not looking to move, just to have a second place in the mountains to use as a getaway retreat and place to get together with family on occasion. Our criteria would be very different if we were selling our current home and permanently relocating. But who knows, that could change moving forward.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:53 AM
Wallhanger

I thought all of TN was here in coastal Alabama by the number of plates I see.
Live and die on this day......